Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased both the front and rear sway bars for the 2004 TL to install onto my 2004 Accord. I took it to a local Honda dealership this weekend to have it installed. They installed the rear one with no problems except for the fact that a part of what holds the muffler up is rubbing against the bar. I held off on installing the front as they told me it would require dropping the chassis of the car in order to get to the front sway. Is that correct? Also should anything be rubbing against the sway bar? TIA.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Askani said:
I purchased both the front and rear sway bars for the 2004 TL to install onto my 2004 Accord. I took it to a local Honda dealership this weekend to have it installed. They installed the rear one with no problems except for the fact that a part of what holds the muffler up is rubbing against the bar. I held off on installing the front as they told me it would require dropping the chassis of the car in order to get to the front sway. Is that correct? Also should anything be rubbing against the sway bar? TIA.
On a V6 there is no rubbing problem. I am unsure where the hanger is on an I4, but it is possible.

Correct, subframe disassembly is required for the front sway. Hence not many people to it.

J

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Askani said:
I held off on installing the front as they told me it would require dropping the chassis of the car in order to get to the front sway. Is that correct? Also should anything be rubbing against the sway bar? TIA.
Yes, the front sub-frame needs to be dropped in order to install the front bar. But I think you're going to want to get it done. There have been numerous posts about the drop-throttle oversteer problem when only the rear bar is upgraded.

And, several I-4 owners have posted about the rear sway rubbing on something back there..... maybe an exhaust hanger, I can't recall. For whatever reason, it's a problem for the 4 bangers only...... it doesn't affect us V6'ers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
00&03Accords said:
I have the comptech rear sway bar on my 4 banger and it doesnt rub anywhere.
Coupe or Sedan? What size bar do you have?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Askani said:
Coupe or Sedan? What size bar do you have?

It's a coupe and the bar size is 22mm for the Comptech rear sway.

Sorry 00&03Accords, I just thought I would answer his question.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
hondatuner7 said:
My rear sway doesn't rub either....

Neuspeed Rear Sway!!!

its becuase the stock bar and the aftermarket bars are routed differently...stock goes along the bottom, where as the comptech and neuspeed go a little bit up more...but yes the i4 have a hanger near it and it rubs....get the comptech bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts