Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey. i am newb at system so. bare with me... i am planning to get speakers for my car. i am also planning to get sub too but not right now... my main aim is to get one amp that can work with everything. from what i know and according to crutcfield and got some info..

questions:
1.speaker-6 by 9 for the rear and for the front which ones? 6.5 or 5.1/2?
2. amp- what channel am i looking for? cause i was plann to get a 4 channel and some one said wont work.. help???

.. have few more questions about lets start here. if any one can help woud be great!

·
1,576 Posts
memphis belle MCH600 or MCH1300, boston GT-50, elemental designs nine.5, kicker zx700.5. those are some good 5 channel amps. just depends what speakers/sub you are putting and how much power they need. also your budget.

·
Registered
259 Posts
+1 for roy. he knows what he's talking about. hahaha.

1. if you really really want, get rear speakers, but it's not completely necessary, as majority of your sound should come from your front stage, not rear stage. but then again, if you're getting are really getting a 5 channel amp, you might as well get rear channels. rather, get a 4 channel amp and bridge 2 for the sub.
also, 6x9 will drop fit in the back, but the 6.5's up front may need some cutting. if you are installing yourself and feel uncomfortable about cutting some sheet metal, i'd stick to the 5 1/2's. but 6.5 components will sound much better

goodluck!!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
if you are getting subs in the future, dont bother upgrading 6x9's... put that money towards the sub

but a nice 2ch amp to power the fronts and a decicated mono amp to power the subs will be sufficent enough... and obviously a nice hu to pull everything together if you want the right sound

·
1,576 Posts
id recommend getting 6.5" components for the front, a 12" or 15" sub sealed in a box custom built to the subs specs. a 2 or 4 (bridged to 2) channel amp for the front speakers. and a mono amp for the subs. id suggest something like.... boston pro60 comps, boston G5 12" sub, if you want, a 5 channel amp or 2 separate amps just incase you plan on changing your setup.

·
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so 6.5 speakers will fit front?.. i listen to a lot of trance/techno so i need very crispy sound.. i am thinking about going with:

front door- SPS17C2
rear -ALPINE SPS-69C3
sub- 12" or 10" kicker
.. let me know what you guys think.. and whats so good about going with component speakers thna just speakers?

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
6.5 will fit, but the door might need to be modded for the 7th gen in order to make room for the depth of the magnet, either you can cut the sheetmetal or what I recommand, building a baffle out of mdf, and build out the 6.5

·
1,576 Posts
implayaz9 said:
ok so 6.5 speakers will fit front?.. i listen to a lot of trance/techno so i need very crispy sound.. i am thinking about going with:

front door- SPS17C2
rear -ALPINE SPS-69C3
sub- 12" or 10" kicker
.. let me know what you guys think.. and whats so good about going with component speakers thna just speakers?
give me a budget and i can tell you a nice setup for trance/techno. i got friends who listen to that wit very nice sq setups.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yea man 6 1/2 will fit u will need speakers spacers and when the door is off behind that grill u got to cut that circle plastic that stick out of the door, so the speakers wont hit it. componets are good cuz they also lets u change ur tweeter and gives more power rating then the regular 6 1/2. and yea get a 5ch amp so u can power lows,mids,and highs.

·
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my buget is around 500-600. i know its not much but tryin to find the best for that much money.. this does not include sub price!..only speakers and amp

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
you can get some rainbows components for like 200 bucks and a 2 channel amp for like 100-200 bucks? try to look around for used deals.

·
1,576 Posts
XxAznJoexX said:
roy is the master and king of audio down here in houston. he knows his stuff!!!
haha ya right, i wish. im still learning

implayaz9 said:
my buget is around 500-600. i know its not much but tryin to find the best for that much money.. this does not include sub price!..only speakers and amp
get you some rainbow slc 265 components. pm 6spdcoupe, he can get you some. 12" JL W6 with hifonics amps. that will probably be a nice decent setup.

·
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whats so good about rainbow slc?.. do u think the alpine component are not as good or?..just wanna know.. why you choose rainbow(i have never heard of it).

..i already have a kicker 12" which i might use of i might invest in a 10"..dont wanna have too much base but wanna have at least a little feel of it with my music!..

.. u think 500-600 is less for setup? thought it would be enough for inner speakers(6 by 9 as well as the 6.5 setup) and an amp!(not including sub)

·
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
let me explain my needs.. i wanna avoid getting a sub installed my car, so i am looking for the cleanest setup for inside the car that way i wont feel i am missing something. thats the main reason i was looking to get 6 by 9's at the back. as i have to use my trunk, SUB IS THE LAST THING I NEED!

datboiroy .. loda help kar ne!..

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
for 500 bucks that's a piece of cake,
get a 4 channel amp, 6 1/2 in front and 6x9 in the back. with your budget, get infinity kappas, in front and back. amp deck and speakers will run you about 500.

·
1,576 Posts
implayaz9 said:
let me explain my needs.. i wanna avoid getting a sub installed my car, so i am looking for the cleanest setup for inside the car that way i wont feel i am missing something. thats the main reason i was looking to get 6 by 9's at the back. as i have to use my trunk, SUB IS THE LAST THING I NEED!

datboiroy .. loda help kar ne!..
loda? sorri bro im an abcd haha.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts