Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im debating whether I should tint my taillights with spray or tint film?

Any experience suggestions?

If tinting, does anyone know a shop who has tint film for taillights? My regular guy doesnt have taillight tints.

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
Get it professionally painted at a shop

My friend does 3 coats black pearl and then 3 coats black ..

If you were local in Michigan I can do it for $80 for you =]

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dtownz Thrillah said:
Get it professionally painted at a shop

My friend does 3 coats black pearl and then 3 coats black ..

If you were local in Michigan I can do it for $80 for you =]
arent professional paint too dark?

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
ScorpiOxNY said:
arent professional paint too dark?
well, they "water them down" so that theyre somewhat transparent. i myself used VHT Nite Shades spray on tint, and it worked great, and doesnt look "horrible".

you just gotta do it slowly with light coats and notput it on thick cuz itll drip and then look "horrible". if you know how to use spray paint youll be good.

·
Your V6P Snake Champion
1,301 Posts
Sketch o5 said:
well, they "water them down" so that theyre somewhat transparent. i myself used VHT Nite Shades spray on tint, and it worked great, and doesnt look "horrible". you just gotta do it slowly with light coats and notput it on thick cuz itll drip and then look "horrible". if you know how to use spray paint youll be good.
Even if you do it the right way sometimes it still wont look right. Just depends on the kind of spray you use. I just think the tint and vinyl look much cleaner. Check out Joes car for example of a clean finish. I believe he used tint.

·
6th gen
625 Posts
i used window tint and it looked good. glossy and visible. but i had numerous bubbles and it was a ***** to put on, imo.

i used spray now, its more duller and I had to repaint them but it was easy

·
MARTIN
1,411 Posts
If you have a v6 coupe...i say don't tint at all, they look fine the way they are..STOCK...if you have a sedan where the side markers are pinkish, i say use the clear red film to make it red so that its just red and white tails...other than that stock is the way to go...DIY painting the tails don't really work out...plus its illegal..

·
MARTIN
1,411 Posts
sorry! just stating my opinion...and my experience, i've done it before...

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
you have to be able to see red from your tail lights from 300ft back or something like that. if you cant, then its illegal. trust me i looked into it, cuz i almost got a ticket one day cuz my turn signals looked red...........yea, love my town, give me a ticket for something that would be legal even if it was red, haha. the cop goes, well, it might be hard to distinguish the red turn signal from the red brake light, and i said, well, arent your turn signals on your police car red? that ended that, haha.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TRUV6 said:
sorry! just stating my opinion...and my experience, i've done it before...
yah I know.. jk man.... but thanks for your tips.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have one word for you Lamin-X protective film they have chorcoal, or smoked films that don't bubble, and they also protect your lights...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sketch o5 said:
you have to be able to see red from your tail lights from 300ft back or something like that. if you cant, then its illegal. trust me i looked into it, cuz i almost got a ticket one day cuz my turn signals looked red...........yea, love my town, give me a ticket for something that would be legal even if it was red, haha. the cop goes, well, it might be hard to distinguish the red turn signal from the red brake light, and i said, well, arent your turn signals on your police car red? that ended that, haha.

hahaha :D :Owned:

·
MARTIN
1,411 Posts
Red turn signals are LEGAL...cops just love giving ppl a hard time!...I have the coupe and my mom has the sedan with the amber turn signals, you can get this red film to make it all red with the reverse light white...thats the cleanest look imo...

OH YEAH...if you really wanted to tint your tails, starrsearch brought up a good company...lamin x has some tint for tails that look pretty awsome...and the light shines through pretty well during the day and night...i think you also get to choose what shade you want! Go for it and let us know what you decide to do!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Laminx Film

starrsearch_ said:
I have one word for you Lamin-X protective film they have chorcoal, or smoked films that don't bubble, and they also protect your lights...
--IS THAT LAMINX FILM LIKE STICKER CITY HEADLIGHT FILM? DOES THAT STUFF LOOK CHEAP, BUBBLES, PEELING FROM CORNERS, ETC. HOWS THE PRICES. STICKER CITY SEEMS OVERPRICED. i USED VHT TINT NITESHADES AND TOOKJ MY TIME, THEN I HAD THE LIGHT POLISHED WITH A WHEEL, AND THEY LOOK FACTORY INSTALLED. NO ORANGE PEEL, NO DRIPS, RUNS OR SCREWUPS. NOW I WANT TO DO THE FRONT LIGHTS. I AM THINKING ABOUT BLUE TNT FROM STICKER CITY, ALTHOUGH I PREFER LITE SMOKE TO MATCH THE BACK.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
scottv6accord said:
--IS THAT LAMINX FILM LIKE STICKER CITY HEADLIGHT FILM? DOES THAT STUFF LOOK CHEAP, BUBBLES, PEELING FROM CORNERS, ETC. HOWS THE PRICES. STICKER CITY SEEMS OVERPRICED. i USED VHT TINT NITESHADES AND TOOKJ MY TIME, THEN I HAD THE LIGHT POLISHED WITH A WHEEL, AND THEY LOOK FACTORY INSTALLED. NO ORANGE PEEL, NO DRIPS, RUNS OR SCREWUPS. NOW I WANT TO DO THE FRONT LIGHTS. I AM THINKING ABOUT BLUE TNT FROM STICKER CITY, ALTHOUGH I PREFER LITE SMOKE TO MATCH THE BACK.
How did you make out with the spray tint? Did you clear coat it too?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts