Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The name is Z
1,775 Posts
Don't do it. Had my taillights tinted and they caused nothing but problems. Luckily, they didn't cause anyone to rear end me but they did bring me tickets. Again, don't do it.

·
Nam
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't do it. Had my taillights tinted and they caused nothing but problems. Luckily, they didn't cause anyone to rear end me but they did bring me tickets. Again, don't do it.
I know, Z. But I don't plan to tint the whole thing, something like this but way lighter than his so I still have my brake light clear.

Disclaimer: Credit goes to the owner of this car lol

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
not sure about where you live but when i used to have my 6th gen ive never gotten a ticket or been rear ended because of my tinted tails, cops have asked me about it but thats about it. Those peel on are better than the spray tint imo they can chip over time.

·
The name is Z
1,775 Posts
I know, Z. But I don't plan to tint the whole thing, something like this but way lighter than his so I still have my brake light clear.
That isn't so bad. For the record, when I got the tickets, I was in Norfolk and in Miami. The Miami one was soon after moving there and Norfolk was a short visit. Both officers weren't very "pleasant" if you catch my drift.

·
Nam
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure about where you live but when i used to have my 6th gen ive never gotten a ticket or been rear ended because of my tinted tails, cops have asked me about it but thats about it. Those peel on are better than the spray tint imo they can chip over time.
Yeah, I've heard the same advice about the material for taillight tinting.

That isn't so bad. For the record, when I got the tickets, I was in Norfolk and in Miami. The Miami one was soon after moving there and Norfolk was a short visit. Both officers weren't very "pleasant" if you catch my drift.
I know what you meant, man. Cops are like that everywhere lol. You still have some pics of your tinted taillights?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Forget cops but think about safety.

I've thought about doing it but only at the lightest tint (I have 7.5G)

·
Nam
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forget cops but think about safety.

I've thought about doing it but only at the lightest tint (I have 7.5G)
I know that's why I want to leave the break light and the reverse portion clear. Just like the pic I posted, but way lighter than that. See the eBay link and you'll know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I know that's why I want to leave the break light and the reverse portion clear. Just like the pic I posted, but way lighter than that. See the eBay link and you'll know what I'm talking about.
People still need to see your reverse / turn signals

·
Nam
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
People still need to see your reverse / turn signals
I'm not talking about completely "murder-out" the tail lights; I just want something to take the red away a bit. Here are the pics from the Honda Element tail lights. The 1st one is on an EX trim while the 2nd one is on a SC trim. I got both from Honda website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts