Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a black honda accord v6 2003 which would u prefer the most? blacked out tailights or all red taillights or altezza tailights?

·
147 Posts
black outs look very stealthy but will look nice only if done right. i strongly object against altezzas, very tacky IMO. i like the idea of all red.

·
Registered
101 Posts
anything but altezzas, then again if your going after that beautiful rice look then by all means go for it :bonk:

·
Registered
101 Posts
brex said:
black out the middle pinky strip..
got any pics of this setup brex????

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
well.. i would prefer they're totally clear but unfortunately ours is PINK.. so i will take black over pink anyday.. :D

heck.. even red is better than pink..

·
Registered
81 Posts
if TYC ever comes out with tails, I think they would be nice.
[rant]This whole "rice" term pisses me off. you do what you want to do and screw what everyone else thinks. next thing you know, your gonna have to have a car imported from japan in order not to be called something like a "ricer" or we'll have to take the bus.
I agree that there are some things that just should not be done to a car, like 5 foot wings, but what do I care what someone else does to their car?[/rant]

·
Registered
760 Posts
7thGenACCORDcom said:
[rant]This whole "rice" term pisses me off. you do what you want to do and screw what everyone else thinks. next thing you know, your gonna have to have a car imported from japan in order to to be called something. or we'll have to take the bus.
I agree that there are some things that just should not be done to a car, like 5 foot wings, but what do I care what someone else does to their car?[/rant]
:confused:

Anyway, I'm not feeling blacked-out taillights, all-red taillights, or altezzas. Blacked-out taillights make the rear look very boring, IMO; it also kills the lines of the car. And like avenger408 said, all-red taillights make them look too big. It also reminds me of the Mercury Cougar.

Altezzas are just :rolleye2:

I think blacking-out the middle pink strip is the way to go. Reminds me of AMG cars :cool:

I think the best way to go is making the middle strip completely clear. Someone photoshopped it and it looked great, but I don't think it's possible without putting in serious cash though :(

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
i4performance said:
:confused:

I think the best way to go is making the middle strip completely clear. Someone photoshopped it and it looked great, but I don't think it's possible without putting in serious cash though :(
:werd:

·
Banned
117 Posts
Well what I did for my tailights is I made the top light always on andthen illuminates brighter to use as the brake light. The middle clear lense is now my turn signal. The bottom light is always on but does not light for the brakes. It looks sick. so at night the top and bottom light are always on when i brake the two top ones light with the third brake light!! Looks very nice and was not hard to do!!!! I would DEF. not start candy coating it red or painting strips.

·
Registered
101 Posts
sick6-speed said:
Well what I did for my tailights is I made the top light always on andthen illuminates brighter to use as the brake light. The middle clear lense is now my turn signal. The bottom light is always on but does not light for the brakes. It looks sick. so at night the top and bottom light are always on when i brake the two top ones light with the third brake light!! Looks very nice and was not hard to do!!!! I would DEF. not start candy coating it red or painting strips.
sick6-speed can you post a DIY on this??? greatly appreciated :D

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
sick6-speed said:
:needpics:

and diy.. :up:

·
Banned
117 Posts
Ok it is real simple and doesn't take a rocket scientist. All you have to do is switch the wires from the back of the bulb sockets. It is really easy, be sure to use a test light so you know which wire does what. I will try to post some pics later with them on, then braking, then using the turn signal. I will do it tonight. Just a little electronic trickery that I always like to do to be different and to get the most out of the tailight.

·
Banned
117 Posts
i used to have the tops one on all the time too but there are too bright and do not match the bottom ones when on. I switches the bright one to the bottom and simce it has a bigger area on the bottom the lights match perfectly brightness wise. You should look into that.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts