Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The all new Takeda Retain Intake System produces up to 17HP and 15lbs. x ft. of torque over stock, while outflowing the factory intake by 21%. This intake uses a large 360 degree radial flow PRO DRY S air filter for maximum filtration and convenience. The PRO DRY S air filter requires no oils and cleans with simple soap and water. A one piece powder-coated heat shield is used to protect the filter from unwanted hot engine air for maximum performance. Takeda intakes come complete with all necessary hardware.

Tuned Intake Tube:
A dyno-tuned polished intake tube is used to smoothly direct the airflow into the engine with minimal restriction.

Factory Mounting Locations:
The use of factory mounting locations ensure a quality fit while maintaining a simple, hassle-free installation.

Heat Shield:
Included in this kit is a powder-coated heat shield which protects the filter from unwanted hot engine air for maximum performance.

Silicone Coupling:

A reinforced silicone coupling is used to connect the tube to the throttle body for strength and durability.

These intakes are $249 plus shipping. To purchase, you can send payment via Paypal to [email protected] or you can call me (Casey) at 2034836100 and place the order over the phone via Discover, Master, or Visa card.

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
How would this compete with the injen Cai.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would this compete with the injen Cai.
I've only seen a couple reviews and comments about the Injen intake. Most people who have it, like it. One company said that it gained up to 7.64 hp and 6.84 ft/lbs. of torque. There wasn't a dyno graph or any actual support for the claim, it was just part of their part description. Looks like it fits pretty well, and it does have their patented MR technology so it will keep your A/F ratios stable while maximizing horsepower and torque.

Until someone can compare them, there's not much more I can comment on.

·
James
1,094 Posts
I'd sure be interested to see a dyno run from a customer to see what this thing really does. 17 HP?? I don't know about that

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd sure be interested to see a dyno run from a customer to see what this thing really does. 17 HP?? I don't know about that
I'd be interested in the same thing. 17 HP seems like a lot to me as well. It's still a quality piece but a dyno run from a customer would be nice.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We aren't going to be able to do that. AFE already provided their own dyno numbers. If you guys would like to verify those numbers, that would be something to do on your own after purchasing the product.

·
James
1,094 Posts
^^lol. Of course I can understand this, as a vendor you can't accept already used products back... But it would be nice to see if those numbers are even slightly validated by an independent test. Regardless once my 14 arrives at the dealership, I'll be picking one of these up. I'm doing it for the noise, not the "claimed" HP/torque

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I absolutely agree with you, but it's just not something we would fund as it's not our product. Well let us know when you'd like to pick up the part.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's going to be heat in the engine bay regardless of the heatshield. But this is just blocking direct heat at the filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what ever it matters..

With very little custom bending to the heat shield I was able to get an 8th gen Takeda ram air intake to fit the 9th gens with no error codes or issues. For those of you searching for a larger pool of products to get a good deal on.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Obviously this has no reflection on Excelerate, but that dyno is fishy. The dips are in completely differen spots before/after, and the AFR is near 15:1 for most of the powerband after the intake install. Wtf? That's ridiculously lean.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We were just simply trying to inform you guys about a new intake that is available. I can't personally vouch for the legitimacy of the dyno. Takeda is a reputable company and I don't think they would post false information. Each dyno is different than the next so numbers can be higher on one dyno or lower on another.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
We were just simply trying to inform you guys about a new intake that is available. I can't personally vouch for the legitimacy of the dyno. Takeda is a reputable company and I don't think they would post false information. Each dyno is different than the next so numbers can be higher on one dyno or lower on another.
We appreciate it. I didn't mean to come off as "shunning" this thread, I apologize if I did. I just wanted to point out that while they are a reputable company, the dyno does seem a bit odd. Nothing taking away from you guys.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts