Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
There's metal trim but that would look really odd with a tan trim. Wood is really the only thing that works with tan. Adds that luxury feel :up: .

I love my grey (quartz) and wood interior :) .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks for the ideas, with the green exterior I like the tan, guess you stuck with what you have....

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
yeah bro, im in the same position as you. im tryin to track down a full black leather interior for a swap, but its gonna be too much $$. just concentrate on the outside like i am. too much wood is gonna make the car look ****ty. i just have it on the center console and the door armrests, and thats more than enuff

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
die

have you checked out the die for dashes and the rest of the interior? sounds like a mess, not to say I am uninterested..?

·
Registered
193 Posts
what i did to get rid of the wood is ordered from a Honda Parts Website ( go to Google and search for "Majestic Honda" ) and just order the LX V6 interior parts. Instead of wood on the doors, its tan. and the center is just straight black. so it looks good like that IMO. OEM = :D

·
Trayslides make God happy
518 Posts
what year is your car loxlloxl cause i got tan interior but that ugly black steering wheel but i noticed yours is tan

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
what year is your car loxlloxl cause i got tan interior but that ugly black steering wheel but i noticed yours is tan
The sedans have a matching steering wheel whereas all coupes have a black steering wheel. It looks like he has the TL Type-S steering wheel, too.

loxlloxl-I like the gunmetal. It looks OEM:up2: Did you remove the trim around the HVAC controls before you painted it? Or did you buy the trim piece and then painted it before you put it on? I'm planning on painting the same wood trim piece on my car but I'm not sure how I'm going to remove it and then reinstall it.

Tom

·
Registered
984 Posts
The sedans have a matching steering wheel whereas all coupes have a black steering wheel. It looks like he has the TL Type-S steering wheel, too.

loxlloxl-I like the gunmetal. It looks OEM:up2: Did you remove the trim around the HVAC controls before you painted it? Or did you buy the trim piece and then painted it before you put it on? I'm planning on painting the same wood trim piece on my car but I'm not sure how I'm going to remove it and then reinstall it.

Tom
TH23 is right about the sedans having a matching steering wheel. I have absolutey NO clue why Honda didn't do the same for the coupes. All I did was remove the center trim, gauge panel trim, and the entire piece where the shifter and cup holders are and painted all those pieces.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
cool, i guess ill be looking for a sedan sterring wheel.
i like my tan leather, it doesnt get as hot as the black or dark colored leathers do, as for the wood, is cool, i think thry used just the right amount, ie. no long ass strip across the width of the dash.
the only thing that would make it complete, is wood vent trim for the side vents :D and if i could figure out to get a wood gauge bezel to match the wood trim, or contrast it with aluminium or cf, what do yall think? anyone found these wood vents yet?
also since my car has the cruise and stero controls on the steering if i changer to say... a TL-S steering will i be able to just screw these back on

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
Hey loxllxol, i noticed your car doesnt have the little lcd display for the HVAC controls, what is the deal with that, is that a coupe thing too, or was it some years or what. anyone know why?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hey loxllxol, i noticed your car doesnt have the little lcd display for the HVAC controls, what is the deal with that, is that a coupe thing too, or was it some years or what. anyone know why?
thats the second time i saw someone ask that in the last few days. he has an LX, so they dont have the auto climate control, they have regular A/C controls.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
ok kool, im a noob remember. :D
thnx tho

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
no problem snik :D

lox, i know thats gunmetal paint, but what kind? i just bought some Plastikote Truck and Sport Utility Gunmetal spray paint for my engine covers, but what brand did u use for yours? not tryin to cop your style, but dont worry, im on the other side of the country ;)

btw, do u guys think i can just spray over my stock wood trim with the gunmetal?

·
Registered
109 Posts
That looks like the trim on the '02 (and '01?) coupes. I have an '02 with the tan (ivory) interior also. Instead of wood trim, dark gray metallic accents are used around the audio/ac panel and window controls. The black interior has silver-colored accents instead of the wood. There is matching trim around the tranny shift lever while the rest of the console is flat black on both interior shades. I kinda wanted the wood at first but now I prefer it without. As for the black steering wheel: I believe Honda uses them to convey what they believe is a sportier look for the sportier coupe. I acually like it. It matches the black of the console. And I believe the coupe's steering wheel may be a bit smaller in diameter (or has a thicker rim), adding to it's sportier look and feel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hey akmarq i'm planning on tryin to dye/paint all my interior parts this summer. I'm gonna be using VHT paint. The problem im running into is i'll need to change seat color, carpet color, and the roof padding/carpet cover, but im looking into ways to do that

if you want PM me and we can bounce some ideas off eachother
or IM me spiman52

hey loxllxol did you remove all your dash parts before you painted them? or did you tape up your car like you would your house when you paint?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts