Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying my exhaust soon and i still can't decide if i should get the borla or the tanabe! i heard both are really good but i don't really know which ones better performance wise. Can u guys share your opinions? thanks

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
AccordLeGeNd said:
I'm buying my exhaust soon and i still can't decide if i should get the borla or the tanabe! i heard both are really good but i don't really know which ones better performance wise. Can u guys share your opinions? thanks
depends what u want? i think both look proper (size wise)...but the tanabe is louder than the borla. i have the borla and im pretty happy with it, im still able to talk to the passengers in the car lol. u hear a deep hum from 1-3k rpm and after that it goes away (thats when the cai kicks in with vtec haha)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quick question for u....i was reading that the borla pipes are really small....not even 2".... is this true? they also claim 12 hp gain....do u feel the hp gain? im really close to buying the borla so i jes wanna know everything b4 i waste 600 bux hahah.....thx

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
AccordLeGeNd said:
quick question for u....i was reading that the borla pipes are really small....not even 2".... is this true? they also claim 12 hp gain....do u feel the hp gain? im really close to buying the borla so i jes wanna know everything b4 i waste 600 bux hahah.....thx
yes they claim to add 12hp, but honestly i got it for the look and tone...i felt no hp difference at all. here is some pix of the system i took of

·
Registered
334 Posts
i think if ur going for a quieter more subtle sounding exhaust i say go with the borla (plus it doesnt really attract cops as much)...my friend has the tanabe and its got a sweet sound to it pretty much at all rpms but the cans are a little too big....i guess it all depends on you

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yea i just installed borla the other day i was a little disappointed in the size of the pipes where it splits to the mufflers, but overall i am happy with the exhaust, i wish it was a little louder sometimes, but atleast it looks a little stock and doesnt sound obnoxiously loud!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Nsaladino said:
If an exhaust looks stock and you cant feel a hp gain whats the point in spending $600 for it, I'm confused.
it doesnt look EXACTLY stock, but its not really obvious unless u got your eyes on it for a bit. magnaflow, greddy, tanabe, and borla are the most popular catbacks amongst our cars.....and ask anyone who has any of those, u wont feel hp or torque gain, altho itwill prolly bump your dyno up some what, its all about the tone and styling man. if u compare the stock exhaust with that of the borla, im sure u can tell hte diff :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
$600 is expensive, since there are no huge hp gains, that's whyi went for custom catback. For 1/2 the price, u can customize.

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
silver, u say u customized. what kinda mufflers did you go with? im thinking about going single hks , dual megan carbon fiber exhausts, or a new jap brand that just started making universal but b4, they only made it for wrxs.. hks i can get it around 260, megan for less than 200, and the last one for 300... which would u go for?

·
Registered
603 Posts
i went comptech, cause i wasn't sure about those megan ones on ebay, since there were peeps that had comptech, it was safe bet to get. The only risk of going w/other universals, is sound...those canisters are round compared to other mufflers which are oval (wide). Round canisters from experience will give u a slighter higher pitch tone compared to wide oval one which is deeper in tone. A lot of these universals, are put on 4bangers, i personally don't know how it would sound, but it would fit nice, but if u have the time, search ebay for the comptech's, $90 ish for 2 mufflers on clearance.

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
hmm.. so basically .. oval for deeper... round for higher pitch.. a lot of people say that greddys have the perfect sound and that comptech and borla are not so loud... and dissatisfied with the looks. I think the ill go for the japanese brand..

·
Registered
603 Posts
i have pics of my muffler on cardomain under bigbadpoppa, a rear shot. For my oval muffler, it was put in so it's pretty much hidden, i think it's one of the cleanest setup here. Most peeps either have their tips too far back or too far out, or their canister hanging a bit too low.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
as2222 said:
hmm.. so basically .. oval for deeper... round for higher pitch.. a lot of people say that greddys have the perfect sound and that comptech and borla are not so loud... and dissatisfied with the looks. I think the ill go for the japanese brand..
Dissatisfied with how the Comptechs look? :eek:

These puppies sound badazz and I think look great! They're expensive and worth every cent IMO! :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts