Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team Haidabo
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing cooling devices for my notebook, and ran across the Targus Notebook Chill Mat. Has anyone heard anything about it, or used this before? I was considering purchasing one.

Thank you;)

·
thread killer
2,114 Posts
i have one of these notebook chill pads, even though not a Targus, i love mine...my laptop fan hardly ever goes on anymore. the only thing you want to make sure is where the fans is in relation with the vents underneath your laptop. Also try to get one with a seperate power source that plugs to the wall instead of an usb powered one. one of my usb jacks is buring out because of the chill pad...i now use my psp power adaptor to power it hah

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
I have the Targus chill mat. It's a bit inconvenient in my opinion, but maybe that depends on where you normally use your laptop. Mine's situated on a glass office-style desk, and having the mat underneath my laptop elevates the keyboard to the point where my wrists are in an uncomfortable position. Also, I'm not sure how beneficial it's been because my laptop is still quite warm with or without the chill mat. Just my 2 cents...

·
Team Haidabo
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kool! Thanx guys. I very much so appreciate the info.:) I have a few USB ports, but I still don't want to run the risk of damaging them. I'll do a search for one with a wall powered feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts