Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

On random days when I turn on my car, the TCS light on the dash is on. I have no idea why. This happen 1 out of every 10 starts. It happens randomly so I have no idea when it'll pop up. Any ideas what it could be? Some mentioned that it could be the TCS system itself. I'm bringing my car in this Friday, I'd figure I'd check here first so that I can arm myself with some info before I bring it in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
the driver said:
Hey all,

On random days when I turn on my car, the TCS light on the dash is on. I have no idea why. This happen 1 out of every 10 starts. It happens randomly so I have no idea when it'll pop up. Any ideas what it could be? Some mentioned that it could be the TCS system itself. I'm bringing my car in this Friday, I'd figure I'd check here first so that I can arm myself with some info before I bring it in.

Thanks!
My car has done that about 4 times since I bought it 7 months ago (2003 used with 34k miles). Let us know what the dealer says. The owners manual just says to turn the car off and then back on again to reset it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am taking mine in today for the same thing. I will let you know. I have been searching this one on multiple owners groups and nobody has a concrete solution. I have the subject line and number of 2 Technical Service Bulletins but not the actual hard copy of whats included in them. I will see what I can find out. I will post more later but I am literally walking out the door to drop the car off.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
my tcs lights comes on right when i hit the gas pedal, but there isnt any traction though? do you 7gen'ers have this problem like mine, or is it just when you guys start your car, becuase i dont have that problem..

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
LOL Kiet, when the light flashes briefly, it means its actively working to reduce your wheel spin from stomping on the gas :laugh:

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
lol, no..... i should clarify myself, when i LIGHTLY and SOFTLY start to accelerate slowly on the gas, my tcs lights up.. :D

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
datboiroy said:
this jus happened to me today for the first time, does anyone know why?
hey roy if ur car is under warranty the dealer will correct it for you. this same thing happened to me and my service advisor told me it was something bout the fuse and that they would have to reset it. it shouldn't be a big deal :)

·
1,576 Posts
i bought it used from a guy, im the 3rd owner, but the first guy only had it for a couple months. 2nd had it for like almost 3 yrs. but i have 28k miles on it

·
Registered
813 Posts
It could be a faulty ABS/TCS control unit modulator, which may have to be replaced if there are no DTC's stored when the TCS indicator turns on, and stays on.

·
1,576 Posts
well it turned on when i was dropping my friend home, then i turned off my car and turned it back on and it came on half way to my house, but then i turned it off and went in my house and came back after 5 min went to the gas station ( didnt come on) filled up gas and came home and it didnt come on. so i dont know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts