Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today while changing my rear tires that my Left coilover was all dirty and with some oil reside, right coilover looks fine , see pictures below.
To be honest I don't abuse my car it is pretty much a weekend car, and these coils we're installed 2 years ago. I'm not a suspension guru that is why I wonder if this is normal?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I also run Tein Basics (for the CL9 TSX) - looks like it may be time to send it in to Tein and have it serviced... You'd want to do it as a pair, not just not one at a time.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looks like it's time to get it service. You didn't notice any change while driving?

Off topic but since you guys are running basics I might as well ask you guys. Do you guys hear any knocking sounds over bumps from the rear coils? I have mine set just 2-3 threads lower than picture by OP. Could it be loose bolts at the top? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
No sounds whatsoever here. Yes, it could be that your top mount bolts have come loose - and that "knock" your hearing is the sound of the top hat hitting as it bounces around - you should check those asap

·
Honda enthusiast
603 Posts
Your left rear damper is blown. Time for an upgrade!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks like it's time to get it service. You didn't notice any change while driving?

Off topic but since you guys are running basics I might as well ask you guys. Do you guys hear any knocking sounds over bumps from the rear coils? I have mine set just 2-3 threads lower than picture by OP. Could it be loose bolts at the top? Thanks.
my rear drivers side coil creaks when i go over bumps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts