Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still torn on which coilovers to choose from, whether it be the Tein Basics or the Neuspeed Supercup kit. i want to slam my accord and im not sure which one will be better to suit my needs. If anyone can steer me in the right direction, that would be very helpful. This is for my 2003 accord coupe i-4.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
basics will allow you to slam your accord, but the ride will be harsh, and possibly bouncy.

these two setups are very different. the Basics give you a wide range of height adjustability, but no damping adjustability. The SuperCup kit gives you a limited amount of height adjustability, and a wide range of damping adjustability.

IMO, the SuperCup kit is a much better package, and for less money, too! My 0.02

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
FYI, supercup kit is not coilover setup.

Im going with supercup kit because:

a. ride will be much more comfortable than tein basics (known to be pretty harsh compared to stock)

b. Has ride adjustability about half in up, half in down. So you are really look at 1.75 in the rear for minimum and 2.75 for max drop in the rear and 1.25 for a minimum in the front and 2.25 for a max drop in the frot.

c. Dampening adjustability

d. Life time warrranty with Konis

e. GREAT DEAL FOR THE MONEY!!!! $600 SHIPPED!!!

f. Members have done the girlfriend test. ( if they dont complain, its comfy enough!)

Go with neuspeed supercup kit... im going to be getting mine install hopefully next week. already ordered it so im expecting it this week. If you want, you can wait for me to get mine installed and ill let you know how i liked it and whether or not id recommend it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
haha, the girlfriend test! :up2: the true evaluation of the worth of a mod.

Get the supercup kit, you won't be disappointed. The basics are probably easier to install though, if you're going to do it yourself.

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
also remember, when u drive the car, the driver themselves are not gonna feel the car as much as the passengers, so don't judge based upon how u feel it is.

If u just want to lower ur car for looks, I'd say go for the neuspeed.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
I need a dad test! forget the gf, she could walk! :p jk.

a lot of people have been going w/ neuspeed recently, so there must be a reason why...

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
joedanger11 said:
with the number of cup kit purchases lately, a groupbuy would have been good.
:werd: oh well...600 is still super cheap considering the lowest you can get reg koni yellow is 525 shipped. i believe sp3s usually go for atleast 575ish :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
will this supercup kit fit on the 2003 accord coupe I-4 ? I only saw the v6 version on the neuspeed website. Can anyone confirm that this kit will fit for the i-4.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Damn it you guys are really making me wanting to spend my quarterly bonus on the Cup Kit :argh: Those money are suppose to be my funds for Vegas!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts