Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been askin around and it seems that I have come down to the choice of either having the
TEIN BASIC coil over setup, or getting Ground Gontrol sleeves and get the tokico illumina shocks.

the Tein Basics coil oHas anyone ever used or is using vers? HOW STIFF ARE THEY, COMFORABLE AT ALL??? or at least do you think it is worth it because you cant adjust the dampering. I can get these for $600.

Or, if I go with shocks/springs, I could get the ground control sleeves for $150, and the tokico illumina(searchin around ebay; about 370 brand new). These I can adjust the dampening..

basically, i care mostly about looks and performance, i dont race or anything, but i do care about if the ride is comfortable bcuz i dont want to be having my back hurting from suspension being too stiff like my fren's H&R coilover system. :confused:

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
I've briefly ridden in an Accord with Tein Basics and it felt pretty nice. It's stiffer than stock but it's not to the point where it's breaking your back. I think it's just an overall better feel than stock; reduces body roll, lowers, stiffer but still smooth. If you took it on the freeway I think you wouldn't notice the bumps in comparison to some Tokicos. I gave a set of ground controls to a member on V6P with some Tokicos and he said even on the softest setting they were totally shredding his suspension. All the different company coilovers are going to be different of course but if it were me I'd just get the Basics. How often are you going to be playing with the damper any ways? After you've found a setting you like you're probably going to just leave it alone and drive it like that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ur right, i won't be playing with the dampering much once its right.. i was going to get Teins too until i got second thoughts wen my fren told me dey werent adjustable. i jus dont want the ride to be too stiff.. i probalby will go with the teins then.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
*hint* no aftermarket shock/spring/coilover combo will match the comfort of stock that the bad news :(
I would agree on Tein Basic.. but if you want to go cheaper. find something without height adjustments too.
everytime you adjust the height of your car you need to get a alignment. I heard Bilstein are good... performance wise... they are non-damping / non-height adjustable shocks.. just need to find some lower springs that aren't too harsh..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts