Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully summer has reached everyone by now and have dropped their cars back down.

I am from Canada and we have really harsh winters. I want to know what damage if any the coilovers are prone to. Let me know where your from and if you have any damage, be it the rust, thread damage, siezure of perches, etc.

Also anyone know off hand if we can buy one corner of the set, if we blow one coilover? Or do we have to buy a whole new set.

Hopefully someone can help out, I have not had any responses from anyone in Canada. I guess everyone here is still in 4X4 mode.

Advanced thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
coil overs will withstand winters, just like spring/shock combos, just give the car underneath a good rince once in awhile during those winter seasons where salt is everywhere and you'll be fine.

In regards to buying 1 coilover, i've never done it, but i'm sure if u search you could, but the problem with that is like buying a 1 new tire. You cant' just buy just 1, cause it would offset the balance and alignment of your car. Having a 3 yr old shock vs a brand new one, the brand new one will be stiffer. If i were u, and ever experience this, i would atleast buy 2 coilovers if they can be found, and change 2 of the them (front or back) to avoid your car feeling funny when you drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts