Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Calm like a bomb
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After exhaustive researching I haven't found anything on this topic.

I will FINALLY be getting around to doing my suspension (Tokico HTS and Tein S-Tech springs all around). and my question is for those who have done a similar drop (1.5in) and do not have HFP or aftermarket side skirts. What did you do about the splash guards on the car? It doesn't appear there will be any real clearance on them as they hang down a few inches as it is. Did anyone trim them? Are there replacements that just cover the wheel well and bottom fender as they sit without the extra hang down? Any feedback is welcome. I will be getting into this in about 2 weeks.

Btw, the car is an 05 AT V6 Coupe.

·
497 Posts
I have the hfp aero kit and you can still install the front mud guards. I have not had a problem with clearance or grinding with a 2 inch drop from stock.

·
Calm like a bomb
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And you still have the splash guards installed? Im not worried about the guard itself as much as it catching something and ripping itself out of the mount location and messing that up.

·
Honda enthusiast
603 Posts
You are probably fine lol I'm dropped roughly 2.8 inches and was scraping those flaps on everything which starts to break the flap and mess up the paint around the flap area.

Reactions: will

·
Calm like a bomb
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I realize too that people on here are from all over the country. I live in a shi**y area with even shi**ier roads. Just looking for feedback from others. Like michaellowrider said, that is what I'm worried about. I know how to use approach and departure angles from back when I had a slammed elcamino but everything was flush with the rocker panels so there wasn't any hang down. But it seems most guys with less than 2" drops have no problems.

·
Calm like a bomb
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It scrapes lol. Only if the tire drops though. I have always used the inside berm on tight turns to help pull me through and also the one at the end of my driveway that tells me I'm lined up exactly where I need to be. I have avoided speed bumps so far so I'm not sure about them lol. But if you are in the habit of dropping a tire, it will hit. I think I will just remove the fronts anyway.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a similar drop and from NE Ohio, I've never had a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts