Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
BLK HWAK
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

i am currently running with TL rims with 235/45/R17 tires + Tein S.Tech springs + stock shocks..

it's been more than a yr so far, and

just got into a good chance that i can get Koni Yellow shocks for real cheap,

and..was wondering if this is a good set up or not,

and..if i set the koni up @Lowest peak,

is it gonna be ok with rubbing issue?

pics might also help me out !

thx in advance. !

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
youll be fine. i was going to go that route too. i had teins s tech with the TL rims, and then i was gonna pick up some koni yellow's but instead got some ksports. itll be a good setup s techs+konis.

·
BLK HWAK
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did u have same tires?

bcuz of offset, it kinda looks like if i do lower more, it will rub the fender...:(

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
that's an expensive set up. For a 100-150 more, u can probably grab a set of coilovers

·
eat'em up
322 Posts
Hi guys!

i am currently running with TL rims with 235/45/R17 tires + Tein S.Tech springs + stock shocks..

thx in advance. !

this is the exact set up i have, the only difference is i have 19's. i have no rubbing issues, except when i ride two people in the back(which hardly happens)

·
Jerzy
343 Posts
Hi guys!

thx in advance. !

quick thin how dose the stock shocks feel after the springs do they bottom out or did they blew?

·
BLK HWAK
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx for the reply guys !

that's an expensive set up. For a 100-150 more, u can probably grab a set of coilovers
i know...but i got a chance to get one for around $200 only...so..:)

quick thin how dose the stock shocks feel after the springs do they bottom out or did they blew?
stock shocks didn't blew yet , (it's been more than 2yrs so far..)

riding feels...pretty comfort...not that stiff...:)

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've had Koni yellows with S-techs and H-techs, it was pretty good but the putting it together and adjusting the height is a ***** plus the ride quality was a bit harsh. I'd strongly recommend that you get TEIN SS coilovers, it will cost you the same but you will get more levels or dampening adjustment, easy to adjust the height and stock like ride quality with good handling.

Koni's on the lowest perch with S-tech wont give you rubbing issues but your car will be SLAMMED to the ground. You wont be able to reverse park like in the picture cause your exhaust will touch the curb and you will have to go extra extra slow on bumps ans stuff.

·
BLK HWAK
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks shon !

hmm...ride quality for now, just with TeinS seems ok, but..i will have to see after installing Koni...

unless it's toooo stiff, i think i have to bare :)

i wante to go with Tein SS, but i got a new Koni for really cheap (around $200 US..) so i couldn't resist the temptation ;;;

maybe i will dig in new Tein SS later on...

Yes, i will set it up @ lowest perch, and want that Slammed look.

things concerned abt are parking fr/bk , bumps etc...

thx for the info !

*PS: do you have any pics on your car for a sample? :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
The konis will kind of hurt your ride quality. They are nice shocks, though the mounting area sucks. My front passenger shock slipped twice as it doesn't have the ring around the base of the shockbody like a lot of coilovers as well as the stock struts do. Make sure you tighten the hell out of the fronts. The easy adjustability of the shocks is great though, I do miss that.

·
BLK HWAK
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AFTER DROPPED with TeinS+Koni Yellow

Finally got a chnace to install Koni Yellow Shocks and... here are pics ! (for anyone who's thinkin abt same set up..)

2005 Accord V6

*PS: is this proper drop with TeinS+Koni's ?
(it's on Lowest Perch...and i don't see that much of diff. from the time when i used to run with TeinS+Stock shocks except front wheel gap..)

people say if i get the HFP Kit, it will look even lower..but i dunno if it will make that much of difference though..

I want to SLAM my car more, and i am thinking abt either getting Tanabe/Neuspeed springs or TeinSS-p...

Driver's Front

DR

Passenger's Front

PR

Overall

·
Registered
351 Posts
nicely dressed tires. It looks good. Though, if anyone was telling you that the HFP kit was lower they are either dumb as hell or messing with you. I have almost a 1 finger gap on my rear tires and just over a 2 finger gap up front. Make sure you crank the pinch bolt down on those front shocks.

·
BLK HWAK
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you need a camber kit or are your wheels still within specs
i didn't install any camber kits, yet.

i can see tires are done from inner side for sure, but camber is not that crazy Yet...:)

how much lower did your car drop after u changed from stock shocks to the konis??
Front: had 2/half~3 fingergaps only with Tein S ,

Now...no gaps...

Rear: had 1/half~2/half gaps,

now, no gaps....

maybe i need another spring lower than Tein S , like...Neuspeed

which will make my car more get slammed,

or go for Tein SSP...

it kinda make sense that if i do have lower spring than Tein S with Stock shocks, after installing Koni's should make my car more slammed even more than now...

also..once i get HFP kit, it will LOOK lower...bcuz, there's gonna be something more under the bumper...

Damn that looks perfect...i wish i could go this low...the garage at my job just won't allow it..lol.

thank you !

yes..i do scratch everytime i get in/out of my garage...lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts