Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my fenders rolled the guy did a terrible job, my worst fears of what would happen happend completely i just don't know what to do or how to fix this **** fender is wavy, cracks on both sides everywhere. he didnt even roll it flat its like curved god i knew i should never have done this

what should i do guys

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uhhhhh yea im putting wheels on now and found even more damage fairly sure the edge of the pannel split apart in a few spots i just got some of the cracks, like i just need to seal it some how now or should i take it to a body shop right now and have them look?

already put touch up paint, its about a 8inch crash all the way down on the out side of the fender

and tones of these all over the place

small spider cracks along the whole lip on the inside and a few spots where i can see the panel has exsposed metal now

some one butter me up im really just down in the dumps atm dont even want to put my rpf1s on today was gonna be so happy!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Was it a shop or just some random dude who "knows" how to do it?

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
honestly most people who roll fenders mutilate em. look at all the ****ed up s2k guys. their cars are so ****ed up and embarrassing up close. all that to fit some ****ty rims.

It's nearly impossible to roll em perfectly. I spent a lot of time on mine and i can't imagine most shops doing it better. its a compromise. Sorry yours didn't turn out the way u wanted but cracks are gonna happen the more you pull/roll. I even had a few

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Where you not there when they did it?
Make them fix it??
and it was a shop not a random guy

yup going back in tomorrow, i got a quote from my painting guy says they def messed it up and yea it was recommended by many people in the minnesota area and they said they do them all the time. im demanding money back and to pay for it to be "fixxed" altho my paint guy said he cant ever warranty it. lesson learned the waves are not so bad the passengers side is perfect other than the nice 8 inch crack on the outside of the fender tho there is a crease in the panel above the rear drivers fender

needless to say fairly pissed but i got this going already

need to get alignment done now and tweak the stance a bit im confident it will all work out if i have to put 500$ into it well thats my fault for once again, not doing it myself

tho all the joy i had today and excitement died already =/

they never said they were not liable if it came out bad, and they never had me sign anything and i have the papers showing they did it today.

i mean other than going back and making them fix it, i need some suggestions on fixxes and spealing it completely

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
You shouldn't even bother going back demanding to have the damage fixed. Reason being:

A) You knew that it could happen
B) He probably told you it could happen
C) It's custom work, and I'm assuming you never confronted him about it while you were getting them rolled

Everyone knows that if you roll them, there's a chance the paint could crack. People that take their time and don't go crazy with the roller tend to have better success. More than likely, even if you did throw a fit, he's not going to do anything for you. Chalk it up as a lesson learned, and just touch the area up. In all honesty your paint cracks are not even bad. You'd have a heart attack if you saw how much paint came off of my fenders. If you want to leave a lasting impression, leave a bad review on Yelp! or some other rating website.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You shouldn't even bother going back demanding to have the damage fixed. Reason being:

A) You knew that it could happen
B) He probably told you it could happen
C) It's custom work, and I'm assuming you never confronted him about it while you were getting them rolled

Everyone knows that if you roll them, there's a chance the paint could crack. People that take their time and don't go crazy with the roller tend to have better success. More than likely, even if you did throw a fit, he's not going to do anything for you. Chalk it up as a lesson learned, and just touch the area up. In all honesty your paint cracks are not even bad. You'd have a heart attack if you saw how much paint came off of my fenders. If you want to leave a lasting impression, leave a bad review on Yelp! or some other rating website.
yea this is true, tho i am still just going to show them and just see. if not your right lesson learned and i will just get it fixxed and remember diy is win :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I work at a body shop and if a client brought back a car with this quality of work I wouldn't hesitate to fix it for them. At no cost. I don't know if they have this in your state but in California we have something called the State Department of Consumer Affairs. If they have that in your state don't hesitate to call them and file a complaint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts