Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I was driving ~ 40-45 mph and hit a bump in the road, impossible to really see it at night. Immediately afterward, the front right side was giving me very loud screeching and moaning sounds. The sound would go away at times but then return. At some points it sounded as if the brake pad was riding on the rotor, but the overall sounds were much more unpleasant. I did a brief visual inspection and checked to see if anything was obviously loose like the caliper or the fork on the shock but nothing striked me as wrong. Im going to ask paul to look at it but in the meantime anyone have any ideas?!?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
When you re-assembled the suspension, did you put a jack under and lift up to put pressure on it before tightening the fork bolts? If not the fork may in fact not be seated all the way and there may be some play, I sohuld be home around 9PM tonight....

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
When you re-assembled the suspension, did you put a jack under and lift up to put pressure on it before tightening the fork bolts? If not the fork may in fact not be seated all the way and there may be some play, I sohuld be home around 9PM tonight....
I did... the noise sounds like theres an issue with a rotating part, and at times there are clangy noises as if something is loose and rattling. It sounds very bad and I didnt even want to drive with the noise for more than the 1 mile to the metro station. . . .

anyways good luck paul and carrie.. if you give me a call later on your way back I can drive a little to let you hear the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts