Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y didn't anyone make a turbo kit for it?
Y didn't anyone make a set of exhaust headers for it?
Y didn't anyone make a better intake for it?
Y didn't anyone make ANY freakin parts for it?
And Y in the hell hasn't anyone else besides me thought of this motor? It has excellent potential and won't noone aknowledge this fact, well I'm tired of it, can or will anyone help me build up a sorta rare motor? I would like to get about 300 HP to the ground in a 1990 Buick Century!

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
I think nobody made the parts because there arent a lot of young adult men who buy one and feel like dumping another couple grand into it, like an import. sounds like an interesting idea. how much does it put out stock?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
iirc about 140-155hp stock, similar to a 3.1L at the time but with slightly more TQ. Isn't the 3.3L just a bored out 3.1 which in turn is a bored and stroked 2.8? If it is, I'm sure you could use some aftermarket parts for the 2.8-3.4L versions with some slight modifications involved. Getting 300FWHP is a big goal, especially if you plan on doing it N/A

·
BULLPOO
4,241 Posts
stoned_pimp420 said:
Y didn't anyone make a turbo kit for it?
Y didn't anyone make a set of exhaust headers for it?
Y didn't anyone make a better intake for it?
Y didn't anyone make ANY freakin parts for it?
And Y in the hell hasn't anyone else besides me thought of this motor? It has excellent potential and won't noone aknowledge this fact, well I'm tired of it, can or will anyone help me build up a sorta rare motor? I would like to get about 300 HP to the ground in a 1990 Buick Century!

you answered your own question. you used the word rare. unless there is profit to be made, there is no reason make parts for a small production motor. there is a lot of money spent in research and development alone.

·
TQ challenged
434 Posts
Not to be rude, but didn't we cover this in your first post?

If you're really serious about modding and the wife doesn't throw you out the house first, try this.
Dump the fwd , it won't handle 300+ hp without serious mods.

Next..Either drop in a 3.8 Turbo Trans Am V6 or a SB Chevy.
Tub the back, install a big 9 in Ford, 4 link, and Turbo 400 trans.
Presto ...your own Pro Stock Century !

·
Senior Moderhater
6,110 Posts
dump the car and get a regal and turbo it... I mean I loved my 87 Century... but if you want serious power, look into some of the other buick cars that have turbos/upgrades ready

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
:repost:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am NOT changing my car! I've heard that the 3300 is a destroked 3800. I might put a L67 in it but I'm not sure if the tranny will meet up. I HATE people who doubt me.

·
5,056 Posts
even if the tranny would bolt up, the L67 would rip it to shreds in a hurry, as that thing puts out nearly 300 lb-ft of torque stock. You would need at minimum a 4T65-E HD version. You probably have a 4T40 or 4T30 in there now.

The L67 actually has a lot of potential and is a much better engine to start with than the 3300.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the 3300 is what I got. I've always been taught to make do with what you got! Don't go into excess unless completely necessary.

·
5,056 Posts
stoned_pimp420 said:
Well the 3300 is what I got. I've always been taught to make do with what you got! Don't go into excess unless completely necessary.
stoned_pimp420 said:
I would like to get about 300 HP to the ground in a 1990 Buick Century!
:bonk: :gotme: :confuse2:

·
TQ challenged
434 Posts
I HATE people who doubt me.
It's the voice of sanity and experience you're hearing.
This applies to all car projects.
Other than mechanical expertise and parts finding, make sure your wife/family supports this project.
If she's not happy with you spending the vacation$$/College fund$ , you'll find yourself sleeping in the garage or worse, divorced !

Here's a link to help you on your quest. My hat is off to you. :cheers:

http://www.l67swap.com/

·
5,056 Posts
LOL, I love google. :D

·
Back to boost...
1,027 Posts
L67+4T65E-HD swap. Having a "unique" 3.3L isn't really worth the time and effort IMO. A sleeper Century is different, but you're better off doing it with a better, more well supported engine, and it's going to cost you a ****load less, and be much less headache. L67s will go 400+whp on a stock short block, and there's always the L36 with a turbo. Still gotta upgrade the tranny, the L67 is going to **** that thing up.

In any case, it depends on what you're looking for. Unless you want to keep the Century for sleeper effect, then you're probably better off getting a '97+ Regal or GTP, they're relatively cheap and you'll get a nicer platform and already have an L67.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Max on This said:
iirc about 140-155hp stock, similar to a 3.1L at the time but with slightly more TQ. Isn't the 3.3L just a bored out 3.1 which in turn is a bored and stroked 2.8? If it is, I'm sure you could use some aftermarket parts for the 2.8-3.4L versions with some slight modifications involved. Getting 300FWHP is a big goal, especially if you plan on doing it N/A

So so wrong...... The 3.3L known as the 3300 is the little brother to the 3800 engine
not confused with the 3.8L. The 2.8, 3.1, 3100 and 3400sfi are all 60 degree engines, no where near the same as the 3300. The 3300/3800 90 degree engines, share the same casting as well as the same heads (92-93). As for Hp the 3300 from 89-93 produced 160hp and 185 torque. If anything to get more horses first off is to open the exaust and get the heads ported and the intake exturde honed. Second is if the engine is equiped with a 3spd then swap it with a 4spd. Those are some of the basics... Another is to install a stage 1 or 2 jet chip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts