Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was getting mad at my stock sub not being so powerful.. so i went out and bought a POWERFUL THX Home Theater Sub on craigslist.. from Creative!! haha

Most of you are probably thinking :)smack:) "What is this guy doing?" --But I think it might be a lot better than a regular sub if you can mount it correctly! :up:

The name of the Sound system is 'Creative Gigaworks S750'
It is suppose to be $499.99 yet i only got it for $50, so in a way, i paid 10% of the actual price for the sub and the other 7 speakers, yet the seller said the rear left speaker broke, i dont really care though cause i am not using the speakers, just that sub.

This thing... POUNDS amazingly, and surprisingly, i lost all my rattling with it, that damn stock sub rattled itself, and the 3rd brake light.. now i don't get any rattling except for the driver side door every now and then

When I get my camera back from my parents, or atleast when they find it, ill post pics of it, it took me 20 minutes to install too, lots of converting had to be done rofl, but was pretty quick to install!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really, the stock crappy sub is still mounted in there, just under it is a lot better sub rofl

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I get my camera back from my parents, or atleast when they find it, ill post pics of it, it took me 20 minutes to install too, lots of converting had to be done rofl, but was pretty quick to install!
:up2: im on it haha

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds like the "ghetto" way. lol JKing. how did you power up the sub/amp?
Computer subs like this creative one, has a built-in amp, so no worrys about that, nor do i have to worry about the air and whatnot.
Powering it was tricky but was fine afterwards, i used a power converter, kinda like DC to AC to DC or vice versa haha

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
w...
t..
f

comes to mind.
Meh, The wire on the right, is the connection that i had converted from the Stock sub and connected to the sub directly like an AUX, and the 3 wires on the left (kinda hard to notice 3) are the power and controller, 1 power, 2 for controller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6B-Tyyv7wU

I JUST put it up, so give it a moment if you are looking as i post this haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can't wait to see how many times the word "ghetto", or some variation of it, pops up on this thread. You definitely got "creative" with the install!

·
Registered
49 Posts
"G-H-E-T-T-O" that makes it four!!!

Judging by the foglights I assume that Accord of yours is a V6... SURELY you can afford a REAL sub...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
aww still receiving the flame treatment? tsk tsk

It works very nicely, I feel very "Creative" on my Home Theater sub, the way people are responding to me, its almost like your saying I am making my home look bad! so, it fits <3

·
Registered
49 Posts
There are things that belong JUST in a car and things that belong JUST in your house... would you put a huge desktop pc inside your car just to play mp3s and video files??? same thing... but you made it work so that's that...

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
u have such a nice car.. plz get a real sub and amp. make it look nice and stick that sub in ur house where it belongs!

·
Registered
200 Posts
ummmm dude, get rid of that ugliness!!! hahaha.... if you want a sub and amp that bad, i'll see you mine. but take that thing off pronto!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts