Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a new Malibu passed me up today (I drive slow, remember?) and while it was in my rears approaching, I was all "OH MY GOD! That looks sick!" I am so going to my local dealership tomorrow and taking one for a test drive. I didn't really think they were all that hot when I saw the multi-page ad for the Malibu that's part of the campaign GM is putting out for their new cars in the "big four" auto magazines, but the pictures just don't do it justice.

http://www.chevrolet.com/2008malibu/photogallery/

The picture that's directly from the front of the silver one was pretty much the view in my mirror that got me all hot and bothered.

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
Ironically, I saw the new Malibu in the USA Today two-page spread this morning and thought, "Man, what a departure from the normally uninspiring Chevrolet design." It looked really nice on the page. I'm anxious to see one in person. Considering Kuya has great taste (GTO :naughty: ), I bet it looks even better in person.

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh no... now my reputation for taste is on the line. I'll insert some disclaimers now, then:

1. I don't like the rear so much.
2. The foglights are required to me.
3. I would like an option for a small-ish and tasteful wing to enhance the rear and side views.

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/by_design/0707_2008_chevrolet_malibu/

I love the shiny rocker panel insert. I didn't really see it on the one I saw, since it was cloudy, and it was also silver in color.

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
Oh no... now my reputation for taste is on the line. I'll insert some disclaimers now, then:

1. I don't like the rear so much.
2. The foglights are required to me.
3. I would like an option for a small-ish and tasteful wing to enhance the rear and side views.

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/by_design/0707_2008_chevrolet_malibu/

I love the shiny rocker panel insert. I didn't really see it on the one I saw, since it was cloudy, and it was also silver in color.
Hmm, I like the rear end from those pictures, for the most part. However, I don't really prefer the large, round reverse lights. Maybe a smaller circle would have been better. :gotme:

·
Registered
500 Posts
haven't seen it in person, but i like it alot.
definitely a step up from the previous gen... hopefully they can refine the interior and handling of this car (previous model was atrocious to say the least). this can become a best seller if they play their cards right.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
I saw one the other day, it looks hideous from every angle except a side profile :gotme:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
What Camry have you been looking at? o_O

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, almost all new cars are starting to look like Audis in front a little due to the ridiculous European pedestrian safety garbage (sorry, but if a car is going to hit you going a speed so fast you couldn't have seen it coming in time to not get in front of it, or get out of the way, it doesn't matter how much space there is between the engine and hood).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts