Accord V6 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I currently have the 17x8 acura tl wheels on w/ 225/40's, my fenders in the rear have been rolled and I like the look and stance, just wanted to go with a larger diameter and wider rim not really looking to do the hella flush look, I can deal with it sticking out a little but not to far as long as it doesn't interfere with turning radius, I can deal with the occasional rubbing, this is my DD and the roads out in West TX aren't the greatest. Are 18x9's to wide of a rim for this setup or should i look for and 18x8.5 size? I have seen some members rides on the coupe section that are running some 18x9's but can't really tell if they had fender work to accommodate that rim size.

Oh and Thanks Doctor X for the timely response!

·
★Daily Dose of Questions★
214 Posts
Im not sure about the clearances with the coupe. I drive a slammed sedan with 17x9 +35 wheels and i tried fitting 225/45/17 and its a little too wide. I opted for the 215/45/17 instead and the clearance is perfect. I also have natural camber and fenders rolled all around. But the fender roll job isnt that great. I barely changed much in the back. The front is rolled pretty well though.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
I currently have the 17x8 acura tl wheels on w/ 225/40's, my fenders in the rear have been rolled and I like the look and stance, just wanted to go with a larger diameter and wider rim not really looking to do the hella flush look, I can deal with it sticking out a little but not to far as long as it doesn't interfere with turning radius, I can deal with the occasional rubbing, this is my DD and the roads out in West TX aren't the greatest. Are 18x9's to wide of a rim for this setup or should i look for and 18x8.5 size? I have seen some members rides on the coupe section that are running some 18x9's but can't really tell if they had fender work to accommodate that rim size.

Oh and Thanks Doctor X for the timely response!
You can run 18x9s. Depends on how your car is set up though. I put 18x9 +35mm all around on and it was pretty flush but it poked just a tad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would a 19x8 +55 225/40r19 fit a 01 Accord sedan without rubbing? How about with people in the back? Going to drop but only want about a 1 finger gap front and back. Will be dropping on ground control/tokico whites.

·
Registered
259 Posts
just got new wheels.

enkei RPF01 18x9.5 38+

Any tire size or brand recommendations?

·
★Daily Dose of Questions★
214 Posts
just got new wheels.

enkei RPF01 18x9.5 38+

Any tire size or brand recommendations?
I just mounted my brand new Hankook Ventus V2 Concepts 215/45/17 and they ride amazing stretched on my 17x9's. I dont do any racing, but they're super quiet which is why i bought them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2002 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
Corniche Challange
Front: 8,5x19+45 225/35 19
Rear: 9,5x19+45 225/35 19
Suspension: K-Sport

From Germany:cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Im running stern st8 17x9.5 +30 all the way around with 235/45/17's. Fenders and qaurters have been rolled and flared too. And I can prolly still get away with a 5mm spacer and get rid of a little neg camber. I personally like more thread on the road. lol

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
I dont know if I mention but I am now running this setup

18x9.5 +15 offset front and rear
225/40/18 tires

Lowered all the way down on Tein SS-P but not low enough =/

181 - 200 of 227 Posts