·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome! If V6P is carrying them, you know they work!

·
Registered
106 Posts
The way it works is by reducing the heat at the intake mainfold. If thats cooler your gunna get denser air, denser air means more HP.

So how the kit works is by putting a rubber piece in the middle of the IM and the block, which reduces heat. Also theres the TB spacer the take away even more heat that the IM still conducts trying to continue with getting colder denser air.

For every 5 degree colder you get a 1% in HP. At least this is just the way i look at it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scubaman3D said:
^really? I'm not trying to be a smartass, but how do we know that?

I don't see how this is much different from TB spacers...if I'm wrong, please explain.
OK, so maybe my statement was a bit of shameless V6P promotion. :p But for details about how it works, check out the website, they've got a pretty detailed site, with alot of actual information, not just marketing. But jiggerman's explanation is pretty much it.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
in theory is sounds great, but has anyone come across a link to a dyno with a baseline? i realize that this would be kinda hard to come across bc most people wouldnt pay for three runs just to see if their spacers gave them 0.5 or 1.0 whp ;D

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
sumptimwong said:
in theory is sounds great, but has anyone come across a link to a dyno with a baseline? i realize that this would be kinda hard to come across bc most people wouldnt pay for three runs just to see if their spacers gave them 0.5 or 1.0 whp ;D
You're right, most people wouldn't. That's where v6p tries to do for our members with our value business partners for various R&D need. Maurice (v6momoney) is getting a set for his 6gen, and if time permits, will be doing dyno to see any gain involved.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Dizzy said:
V6P will be carrying them shortly :)

Dizzy
i'm looking to buy a set.
i was about to order one, but then i was dragged into meeting, so i did not place the order.
how soon it will be at V6P store?

·
Tofu Delivery Boy
5,707 Posts
The install is not too hard. You take off the Intake manifold, insert new gasket, replace IM. Take off TB, insert new gasket, Replace TB.

The only problems some might have are squeezing the TB back into place if you have an aftermarket intake, or even more of a squeeze if you have the Helix TB Spacer.

My Thermoblock kit is sitting right next to me. i paid 101 shipped only cause i was impatient and i need more mods lol.

I will be doing an installation thread this weekend, when i install it. heck, maybe ill install it at the June 12th Meet lol.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
The_Tofu_Shop said:
HAHAHA 2 hours!??? thats funny. i dont think it will take that long.

if you get it, me and rob are willing to do the install, heck, id be willing to do it by myself :up2:

by the looks of the dyno on the 3.2L acura it got a average of 10HP and Torque in the 4000-6000 rpm range.

Thats almost like a intake numbers. Hmm i think this mod might be good for 3-5 HP no more. I will be surprised if you feel this one

Look at the 3500 rpm range it gives about 10 torque, you should feel this. looks like this mod might be worth it or maybe not. I dont see how 11F or even 32F cooler can make much of a difference. Maybe like 70F less would do something

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The_Tofu_Shop said:
HAHAHA 2 hours!??? thats funny. i dont think it will take that long.

if you get it, me and rob are willing to do the install, heck, id be willing to do it by myself :up2:
i will pay u....if u can do it by urself, with one hand tied behind your back, AND while chewing bubble gum :D lol sorry, im watching the making the band skit on chappelle show :angel:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts