Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to have been a good amount of intrest in my 3.5L thread, well in about 3-4 weeks I should finally have all the parts together and prepped to assemble the engine. And I was wondering how many members in the area would like to come over and watch the assembly. This would happen on a Saturday and I am in the Ashburn area of Northern VA, about 2 miles from Dulles airport.

·
Registered
83 Posts
im down. Im in the Rockville area in MD. There might be a couple other members who might be willing to go. The only thing, i work saturdays until around 5 so i would be getting there till pretty late.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bbc1109 said:
im down. Im in the Rockville area in MD. There might be a couple other members who might be willing to go. The only thing, i work saturdays until around 5 so i would be getting there till pretty late.
Well, depending on how things look for the other people scheduale wise, we may move it to Sunday, see what the greatest concencous is.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Every one, please post your normal weekend avaliblilty, I am willing to move it around so that as many as possible can come. This is going to be a good 6-8 hour process (allowing for some Murphy and BS time). And if we ask real nice, my wife might even give us some grub.

·
GO HOKIES
549 Posts
I work primarily every day 7 days a week until about 6ish. If the day gets specified fairly soon I can bug out early. Anything for an engine build haha.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are a couple more 7th gens on bwimports.org. That website is more dedicated to locals with accords and so on. You should check out the site. Most of them use to be on V6P. A couple of them still post and here: raddy21 and TELELE, both very chill and coo peoplez.

Im down for any saturday afternoon, and I can do sunday morning until the end of this month in which i will be able to do all day.

If you postpone until July 1st (sunday) i can do all day. U will also give time for ppl to get their schedules squared of to see this ultimate mod go down.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bbc1109 said:
There are a couple more 7th gens on bwimports.org. That website is more dedicated to locals with accords and so on. You should check out the site. Most of them use to be on V6P. A couple of them still post and here: raddy21 and TELELE, both very chill and coo peoplez.

Im down for any saturday afternoon, and I can do sunday morning until the end of this month in which i will be able to do all day.

If you postpone until July 1st (sunday) i can do all day. U will also give time for ppl to get their schedules squared of to see this ultimate mod go down.
Well I should be getting the crank tomorrow and the pistons and rods next week, block will goto machine shop next week for clean and hone, so the 1st is a good possibility.

·
Registered
83 Posts
NVA-AV6 said:
Well I should be getting the crank tomorrow and the pistons and rods next week, block will goto machine shop next week for clean and hone, so the 1st is a good possibility.
sounds good then. Ill see if i could get some of these guys to come out aswell. Have u ever come up to rockville on any given friday night?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bbc1109 said:
sounds good then. Ill see if i could get some of these guys to come out aswell. Have u ever come up to rockville on any given friday night?
Nope, I am usually getting off work around 5PM and then doing family stuff, now for 5 weeks this summer we are without kids as they go with thier "father", so this opens up the possibility.

·
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon
3,305 Posts
As long as I don't have to work I would not mind checking it out with a fellow 7th gen owner, he told me about your swap today it sounds like fun.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
telele said:
As long as I don't have to work I would not mind checking it out with a fellow 7th gen owner, he told me about your swap today it sounds like fun.
No, just a bunch of standing around and BSing, I'll be the one with the tourqe wrench.

·
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon
3,305 Posts
NVA-AV6 said:
No, just a bunch of standing around and BSing, I'll be the one with the tourqe wrench.

LOL I mean my work as in job lol if you need a hand I'm sure some of us won't mind to help you out let me know when the set date is bro :D

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
telele said:
LOL I mean my work as in job lol if you need a hand I'm sure some of us won't mind to help you out let me know when the set date is bro :D
It's been a long day of media blasting and polishing parts for the engine, sorry.

What is your schedual the weekend of the 1st?

·
Surpreme Clientele
456 Posts
While you guys are at anyone want to help me put in my 6spd ? :D

NVA if you know how i would shell out some cash, i cant find anyone who has the balls and/or knowledge

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HaloCoupe said:
While you guys are at anyone want to help me put in my 6spd ? :D

NVA if you know how i would shell out some cash, i cant find anyone who has the balls and/or knowledge
So this ia a 6SP into a 6th gen?

What engine ,tranny, EMS?

Has anyone thay you know of done the combo of stuff from above sucessfuly?

Sounds like fun, but it is a lot of work, especially in the reasearch of what is direct bolt up, mod, total fabricate, so I guess my first question to you , is how much research have you done so far?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok guys it is looking good for the weekend of 6-30/7-1. I know some of you work weekends, so please give me your scheduales so we can try to plan around them.

·
Surpreme Clientele
456 Posts
NVA-AV6 said:
So this ia a 6SP into a 6th gen??
Yes its a 2001 Coupe

NVA-AV6 said:
What engine ,tranny, EMS??
Currently i have a 3.0 V6 J30a Looking to bolt on a TL-S 6 spd transmission bolts directly on. I think know 10 ppl have done it on this website alone if not more than that. I have done quite a bit of research i have a full parts list and cost. Know my next step is finding someone who can do it and how long its going to take. Umm try searching 6spd swap and there is a whole thread on it

1 - 20 of 40 Posts