Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Superccord
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I am thinking about painting my oem wheels since buying a new set will be a little out of price range.

I have the 16 inch ones.

Here's a picture:

[img=http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9802/mycar39tv.th.jpg]

The color I was thinking about getting painted to is a light black/darker gray/ carbon type color. How do you guys think it would come out? Also, I would want to get them Power Coated or something like that. How much do you think all this should cost?

Alright guys, thanks.

·
BULLPOO
4,241 Posts
i'm not trying to be a d!ck, but this will probably make me sound like one, so.....

if you can't really afford to modify your car, you shouldn't. settling for the cheap way out ultimatly destroys the car and even worse, makes it look cheap. just wait a little longer, save up some cash, and buy a nice set of wheels. you'll be much more happy in the long run.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
not really feeling the black at all unless it has a polished lip. Just leave it stock for now to give it that clean look

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
for the price of powdercoat and labor and stress...save yourself and buy set of rims. There are always rims selling on the FS section of this forum for pretty cheap. Rarely you may find unbelievably good deals time to time, so be on a look out if u really want it. I got my rims for like 300 with brand new tires on here so you will come across one for sure.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
^^^ Agree...I'm thinking about getting new wheels and tires for my car this year so I may be selling my set later this year. :D

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
imo that looks wrong. not only because they're that color, but because in order to get dark wheels like that you need to get other things done so that you have a color scheme going, they will look outta place

·
Superccord
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
imo that looks wrong. not only because they're that color, but because in order to get dark wheels like that you need to get other things done so that you have a color scheme going, they will look outta place
Well I'm getting the black housed headlights soon. I already have the tints. So I sort of do have the blak scheme going.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Don't do it.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
i have wheels for sale if you want...no tires but they are Exel DL-46's they are gunmetal with a polished lip without tires...18 X 7.5 gonna sell them for 400 shipped that includes tuner lugs as well...if you break it down that is 100 for shipping ( i work for ups and by the time i pay for boxes and everything that is what we figured it would be) and then 300 for the wheels 75 bucks a piece...there are pics of them in my gallery...no real damage whatsoever to them just normal wear and tear...but no curb rash

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
I may have to take you up on that, can you email me pics of all four wheels?

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
smokin6speed said:
i have wheels for sale if you want...no tires but they are Exel DL-46's they are gunmetal with a polished lip without tires...18 X 7.5 gonna sell them for 400 shipped that includes tuner lugs as well...if you break it down that is 100 for shipping ( i work for ups and by the time i pay for boxes and everything that is what we figured it would be) and then 300 for the wheels 75 bucks a piece...there are pics of them in my gallery...no real damage whatsoever to them just normal wear and tear...but no curb rash
Hey! I like those! If James doesn't go for them PM me...

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
Boovila said:
heres a quick photoshop i did

Pic

what do u guys think?
In my opinion, those rims are gross, and then when you color them dark gray, they look gross with a bunch of brake dust on them...

My advice, save money, get nicer wheels...

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
ahh, that looks awful. looks like 5 years of brake dust accumulated on your stock rims.

also: did u notice that whoever did the chop for u renamed the pic to "daveisgay"? hahaha...

·
Superccord
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sumptimwong said:
ahh, that looks awful. looks like 5 years of brake dust accumulated on your stock rims.

also: did u notice that whoever did the chop for u renamed the pic to "daveisgay"? hahaha...

hahaha yeah. I did the chop and named it that way cause I originally made it to show my friend what it would look like. Guess my friend's name. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts