Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Project: BGC
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a while now i have been thinking of getting a double din or a single din mp3/dvd/navi all that junk unit. but i was wondering which one is the most bang for the buck.
Since im still in highschool and no job i was wondering which is best for about i was thinking 700. im sure there isnt much but even if its up to 1000 i guess its fine.

Now the question is, is it just like installing a regular headunit where its basically plug and play? or should i take it somewhere to get it installed sicne i only kno how to install regular head units.

also security reasons. Sicne u can remove the faceplate for regular headunits as a security reason, wat can i do to protect the screen?

Any comments, bashing or watever will help me since my knowledge of this is low anyways. If wat i says doesnt make any sense sorry. :D

Thanks

·
4 door Coupe
593 Posts
well with the capabilities youre looking for, im thinking you'll find them in the price range of $800+, like a kenwood or pioneer, maybe even alpine. installation should be just like a regular unit, but i dont know about the ones with navi. and as far as a stealth feature, i dont know if theres a unit out now that the faceplate/screen can be detached, so it may mean you'll have to do/get a custom fabrication, someone else had that same question but nobody really gave a good reply to.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
security wise: take the faceplate off of a double din stock unit, glue the buttons on and whenver your not using it, just slap the faceplate on the screen so it looks like u have stock radio.

Screen: I guess Pioneer would be ur best bet since you are looking for the navigation capabilities. I like navigation but i have navigation on my phone so I just went with the cheapie setup haha. my setup cost me like 250tops.

might wanna consider it i mean its not all the navi goodies but it does everything else. I use navi alot so I got it on my phone since im not always in my car, but its all on you since your budget goes up to 1k lol my budget was 300 haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts