Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
hmmm...
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have the grilletech center grill, does the grill move around or messes up its position after you drive at high speeds such as 70+? I have the grilletech center grill and I think I installed it right with the zip ties and all, but after driving on the freeway, the grill pops in instead of staying straight like the way i had it b4.

btw: how many zip ties did you all use?

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
Mine never moves around. I mean... it cannot move. It is STUCK in there.

I used only two zip ties at left/right side.

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
Mine never moves around too. I used 3 ties. 2 on each side towards the middle and one in the center towards the top.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mine doesn't move at all cuz of the tight fit... but i did i have to mold it to fit the curves of the mouth to make it actually fit tightly... did u mold it too??... and i used 2 zip ties... on the left and right.

·
hmmm...
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you guys say tight fit, you pushed the grill all the way in or what? cuz my grill doesnt go all the way in cuz it's so hard to push it in...

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
Mine needed to be curved to conform to the bumper. It was straight when it arrived. Mine doesnt go all the way back, its pressed against the black lip on the bottom of the bumper. The top rest against the stock grill.

The side grills are screwed on. I used 2 for each of the sides.

·
Registered
101 Posts
does anyone have a pic of the grill installd on a coupe with the lip kit?? in nighthawk black would be nice also

·
hmmm...
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tml said:
does anyone have a pic of the grill installd on a coupe with the lip kit?? in nighthawk black would be nice also
sorry...no pic, but i do have the lip kit and i must say, the grill makes the kit look much better....

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
Yeah, it took about 2 weeks to get mine. I recommend you ship it with faster service such as 3 day instead of ground. The reason why is when I received the box, it was tore up!! The grill wasnt damaged or bent but the box was messed up completely. Not Grilletechs fault, but just some advice if you live accross the US from Grilletech.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i sent mine back i didn't like it. silver against a black car yuck plus i didn't like mounting it with zip-ties.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I think grille-craft has a better grille if you dont wanna mount it with zip ties, but its very expensive though. And also i believe they have an upper grille kit on the way.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
I don't like the zip ties either but decided to install the grill anyway because it makes the front look better imo. I got the black race grill.

I didn't find any grills for the 7th G coupe on the Grillcraft website. I would be willing to pay the extra $$ without zip ties. Any one know where we can get one?

·
hmmm...
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
was it difficult for you all to get the grill to fit as best as possible? did you have to bend it or anything?

·
Gotta proble
180 Posts
my middle piece is at a angle, i used zip ties, but mine moves around, gotta fix it this weekend

1 - 20 of 44 Posts