Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Surpreme Clientele
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V6P whats up hows it been, long time lurker and very infrequent poster (6th gen owner) here looking to come back into the community via a new love for a new accord. This will be my first NEW car and my first big purchase since graduating this spring.:up:

I just test drove an 2013 LX 6 speed 2.4L and I do like this car due to my bias for Hondas and the chance to upgrade to the coveted 6 speed us 6thgen V6 guys lust after. If I have roughly a 25K budget what else should I test drive or consider in this price range if anything. My only stipulation is that the car be manual.

Also look forward to a 6thgen part out thread.

TL;DR Wants new car, test drove 6 speed 2.4L loved it is it the best buy?

Thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
665 Posts
Congrats. I like the new style alittle more than the 8th gen. What parts do u have for a 6th get gen

·
Surpreme Clientele
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats. I like the new style alittle more than the 8th gen. What parts do u have for a 6th get gen
Right now everything the car is still intact its just becoming a money pit and I dont have the time of funds to cntinue dealing with it. IF there is something you really need PM me.

For that 25K budget, you could go for a brand new WRX too! Lots of potential with that car.
Thanks I havent really looked at the WRX and I dont know to much about the Subaru brand but I have driven a late model wagon and it was enjoyable.

What do you want out of your car?
Right now one of my biggest stipulations is that the car have a manual transmission. Outside of that I would like something with at least a hint of sportiness yet maintaining value and reliability as I will rely on this as my only means of transportation. I test drove some nissans today and I liked the features and the ergonomics of the interior of the Altima but it was sub par in comparison to the Honda and Toyota in steering. My biggest gripe is that it handled like a late model Buick and its CVT seemed more sluggish than the previous generation. On the other hand the 370Z was sex and there was nothing about it I didn't like outside of the practicality and the cost of my insurance for a 24 y/o male that hasn't had a ticket in 4 years.

·
Honda enthusiast
603 Posts
Does it have to be new? What about the si sedan? It would be sportier than the accord yet still very practical.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's all about what kind of car do you want to drive. If you want a sporty or simple sedan or coupe auto/6mt. Personally i would get the v6 6mt accord coupe. But with a 25k budget your open to other manufacturers as well. You can get a g37s 6mt for about 25-27k. But not brand new but with relatively low miles and unmolested. But if your itch'n for a new car. Id go with something that is full packaged. There are more affordable cars with awesome features in that price range. Why buy something new and only get half the options? Go all out if its brand new. that's just IMO.

·
MATT
2,847 Posts
<<<<subie owner ..my car and love it...also recently got a 13 accord sport sedan ...wifes car and so far like that also obviously for way different reasons than my race kar

·
Registered
111 Posts
V6P whats up hows it been, long time lurker and very infrequent poster (6th gen owner) here looking to come back into the community via a new love for a new accord. This will be my first NEW car and my first big purchase since graduating this spring.:up:

I just test drove an 2013 LX 6 speed 2.4L and I do like this car due to my bias for Hondas and the chance to upgrade to the coveted 6 speed us 6thgen V6 guys lust after. If I have roughly a 25K budget what else should I test drive or consider in this price range if anything. My only stipulation is that the car be manual.

Also look forward to a 6thgen part out thread.

TL;DR Wants new car, test drove 6 speed 2.4L loved it is it the best buy?

Thanks for any feedback
Congratulations and good luck on selecting your new ride. I'm a fellow 6 Gen driver myself..... 2000 v6 Accord EX 2 door and just hit 80k miles. Do you have the factory spoiler? I need the led light bulb on the factory spoiler.

Sent from my Gs4...... Hyperdriven

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking at a 2014 honda accord with a 6-spd manual, I have to say very impressed with the styling of the car. Looks very roomy in the car, haven't test drove yet, but I will this weekend. I currently drive an 09 subaru outback with 130,000 mile on her now. Subaru has been good in the ohio winters we have, and was wondering how the honda does in the snow covered streets? would i have to consider getting snow tires for the honda. Also, I drive a ton a miles for work with 400 miles a week, 1600 miles a month. Currently i am getting 28 miles on my subaru which i have to fill up twice a week, so 8 times a month just to go to and from work. Also, about the honda accord, have there been any issues with the car mechanically? any head gaskets issues or timing chain or belt issues? With subaru there have been plenty of head gaskets failures and timing belt failures. thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
3.7 TL- SH AWD or 3.5 TL type S. My kid is getting a little big for the coupe and shes only 2. LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bought my wifes '13 Touring V6 and she said I could 'play' with it....she meant maybe floor mats,small stuff...but I am thinking larger wheels,tires,engine mods,exhaust....will she notice?....Nah!HB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts