1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have it i feel better acceleration but its prolly just myself trying 2 say i didnt get scammed.
It doesnt exactly fit, the bolts they give dont fit, and 2 of your bolts dont come out

·
Your V6P Snake Champion
1,301 Posts
wj4 said:
has anyone installed this b4 and see noticeably gain? and i looked at the auction, it appears legit to me, he has almost 400 feedbacks and theyre all positive.
The thing is with this spacer is that it is large whole with threads that spins the air. Well the problem is our stock throttle body has a small hole so when the air goes through the spacer it will not have enough airflow to make the air spin. This spacer wont make a difference unless you have a larger throttle body and from what i have seen none are available for our cars. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

·
Registered
127 Posts
jiggerman78 said:
I have it i feel better acceleration but its prolly just myself trying 2 say i didnt get scammed.
It doesnt exactly fit, the bolts they give dont fit, and 2 of your bolts dont come out
I have heard that the having the TB spacer causes the air make different noises. Is this true from your experience?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yah, i have one in my 04 accord, i didn't belive it either so i took it to get
it dyno tested at this place called hookups in cali, its seems that it worked...
gave me a 3 horse power gain so i was really happy about that..The guy at the dyno shop also suggested that it might work well with a intake also...humm that sounds good but thats just his 2sense....any how i might just do that and i'll let u
guys know if it get better...peace out.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I thought about sticking one of those tornado things into my injen pipe close to throttle body....Never actually did cuz it was a pain figuring which tornado would have the right diameter for the injen pipe.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Per the last time we had this discussion on throttle body spacers, here is my question.

I believe this kind of modification to only be necessary on carburated/throttle body injected vehicles with short plenum spacing before it splits directly into the cylinder intake runners. On our vehicles, once the air passes through the TB and into the intake manifold, it hits a fork (negating any additional air straightening or swirling benefits of a TB spacer) and then each bank runs through 3 channels into a larger center plenum divided into two parts (until upper rpms open up the center butterflies). So please explain to me how a spacer is supposed to help when a single particle of intake air needs to pass through 5+ turns before it passes through the intake valve?

Also, regarding the 3HP gain. Margin of error is greater than 3HP between runs even with cool down periods. A 3HP gain can be had by temperature differences, humidity differences, open/closed hood, fan or no cooling fan, even a different brand of gas. Plus, our overly computer controlled car wont give a knats ass what one extra inch of plenum space will do. And the swirl pattern, don't even get me started on that. Picture a flushing toilet bowl. It swirls when you flush, do you really think it's still swirling even after the first bed in the sewer gas trap. No. Do you think its still swirling as it travels around the next turn or even on the next straightaway. No. Unless you have swirl inducers after every turn and right before it enters the combustion chamber, any swirl will be negated by wall friction and suction. Believe what you want. My belief, TB spacers + Fuel injection = joke.

J

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just installed it and now my check engine light is on....umm, this might sound dumb to some, but how would i fix that? and also would this be normal because i did have to disconnect it and reconnect. Any help would be great! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts