Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been a member here for a couple of months ever since I got my accord. Today I got my first ticket. :(
Will I get a point on my record? Do I have to go to traffic school to avoid the point? Also, do you guys suggest I remove my exhaust and go back to stock before appearing in court? Sorry for all the questions, I'm a newb to tickets. Please help me...!!

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
dout it, its probably a fix it ticket, u fix it and go to police station to get it checked off and pay a fine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yea if its a fix it ticket just put ur stock one back on. take it to court. let them look at it and all you pay is $10 processing fee. no point on ur record or school. its just as if it was a parking ticket. easy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dout it, its probably a fix it ticket, u fix it and go to police station to get it checked off and pay a fine.
I don't think it is a fix it ticket because under "correctable" on the yellow slips, it is not checked. It says that I have to appear before or on 9/28/05.

yea if its a fix it ticket just put ur stock one back on. take it to court. let them look at it and all you pay is $10 processing fee. no point on ur record or school. its just as if it was a parking ticket. easy.
Well, I bought the car w/ the exhaust, so I don't have the stock ones. I really don't want to waste my money on stock exhaust if I don't have to. But, if replacing the exhaust w/ the stock would fix everything and cost 10 bucks for processing I probably go to the junk yard and buy one.

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
.... you didn't know that you can get a ticket for loud exhaust? Did you know that some stock G35 owners got tickets for their exhausts? Even though the owners told the popo that it was stock, they just gave them the ticket. That is a reason why my friend rolls by slow and as quiet as he can when he sees cops around.

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
Wait till your ticket comes in the mail. This should be just a fix it ticket, this also should not count as any points on your licence. I got one of these also when I was testing a muffler setup for a company. The worse thing that can happen is that you have to go to a state ref center to have them test your exhaust noise with a meter. What exhaust is on the car? So we can determin if your under the legal limit for noise.

-Garrett

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
.... you didn't know that you can get a ticket for loud exhaust? Did you know that some stock G35 owners got tickets for their exhausts? Even though the owners told the popo that it was stock, they just gave them the ticket. That is a reason why my friend rolls by slow and as quiet as he can when he sees cops around.
That's messed up, that stock G35 owners got tickets for their exhaust. My exhaust can't be much louder than the G35. In fact, I think the cop that pulled me over was a **** because I was at the light, about to make a U-turn. The cop just drove past me and guess he made a U-turn down the street. I'm positive the cop did not hear my exhaust, I think he just looked at my exhaust and assumed that it is loud and illegal.
Wait till your ticket comes in the mail. This should be just a fix it ticket, this also should not count as any points on your licence. I got one of these also when I was testing a muffler setup for a company. The worse thing that can happen is that you have to go to a state ref center to have them test your exhaust noise with a meter. What exhaust is on the car? So we can determin if your under the legal limit for noise.

-Garrett
I don't think it is a fix it ticket, because it should say "fix it" on the ticket?? Well I don't know what exhaust it is, my friend says it looks like a greddy replica. I also put a universal silencer in it.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
You only get points for traffic violations, not for illegal modification. Btw, you should be able to take it to a police station and get it sound tested to find out if the cop was right or not. If the ticket is BS, take it to court.

·
Registered
563 Posts
word get it sound tested. If what you say indeed did happen, then I dunno. Did you give it much throttle when you did th u-turn? I fhe passed you then you turned around and he heard the exhaust down the street, then maybe it is too loud?

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
well i know in cali the exhaust should not exceed 93 dB. the cop should not know how loud it is based on his assumption. he needed to have pulled you over and asked you to rev your engine to 3000 RPM and then put a sound sensor there in order to convict you of illegal mods on your car - in this case too loud of an exhaust. if you get it tested at the Police center and its not 93 dB +, then you shud take your fix it to court so you wont have to go thru all that hassle of removing your exhaust.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I believe that in Cali it's 95 decibels. I got one of these tickets. I took it to the state ref and paid them $40. They did a smog and a sound test. I passed with flying colors and I receive my documents that says that my exhaust and intake are legal. Only thing left is to go to court next month and show the judge my documents.
BTW cops can pull you over for just a modified exhaust...not just because it's loud. They don't even have to do a sound test either....that's what the state referee is for. Well that's what happened to me.

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
I got a muffler ticket and he mentioned the cali decibals of sound.. I hate cops, the ticket was white and it didn't say much info on there.. I waited til like 2 weeks before the court date and boom.. recieve a little envelope and it made me pay $80.. that was it! I hate CALI pigs !!

·
Registered
350 Posts
mista jc said:
I got a muffler ticket and he mentioned the cali decibals of sound.. I hate cops, the ticket was white and it didn't say much info on there.. I waited til like 2 weeks before the court date and boom.. recieve a little envelope and it made me pay $80.. that was it! I hate CALI pigs !!

Its call "disturbing the peace" and we call them poll poll here! :D

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
anyone in canada or toronto get ticket for loud exhaust? mines pretty loud rumble with magnaflow cat...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts