Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating on adding a spoiler and some LIGHT 50% tint but would like to find some images of both before I decide. Does anyone know where I can locate some good pictures of the lip spoiler and light tint on coupe (preferably RED). I was hoping that some of you guys have these things done and have pictures you could post. I haven't seen a coupe in person that had the lip spoiler or light tint and looked online but found no good pics.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Spoiler pictures are all over the internet, just do a google search. As for the 50% tints, why bother? What state do you live in? Is darker illegal? I will try to find pics of 50% tints.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Doesn't the Honda accessories site show the front lip on a red coupe?

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I really don't like dark tint and I just want to cool the interior down some and protect the leather without screwing with my vision or drastically changing the look of the car. BTW 35% is legal in my state.

I'll have to look again to try and dig up a good lip spoiler pic. Anyone on this forum got one....? I guess thats the same for tint. All the pics I see are very dark, i.e. 20-5% Make me wonder why I want two things that no one else has on there car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Celestion said:
I really don't like dark tint and I just want to cool the interior down some and protect the leather without screwing with my vision or drastically changing the look of the car. BTW 35% is legal in my state.

I'll have to look again to try and dig up a good lip spoiler pic. Anyone on this forum got one....? I guess thats the same for tint. All the pics I see are very dark, i.e. 20-5% Make me wonder why I want two things that no one else has on there car.
I would check the forums that are dedicated for pics.

·
Registered
676 Posts
A 50% tint is not going to make a difference... your actually wasting your money. If your looking at getting a tint then why not go for the legal limit of 35%? Even 35% is not going to show much but it's better than wasting your money on a 50% tint. Most likely any tint shop will try to persuade you go go atleast 35% but hey your money your call... ;)

BTW, post pics if you do end up going with a 50% b/c the majority of the members on this forum has 20% or lower.

·
Registered
98 Posts
lol 50% is still like clear. at 35% its grey but black at some angles and at 20% is pretty much black from all angles

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I found a few good images of 50%. Both of these cars have 50 on the two front doors. The Passat has 20 on the back and the B'mer has 35 on the back.

So ok, the 50% is really light but that is actually the look I'm going for. I got a few quotes of around $120 so that not too bad. I could always do the 50 on the doors and 35 on the corners and back. I dunno, gotta think about it over the next week.

About the wing, has anyone here added a wing.... how much did it cost wing labor and paint. I was thinking of getting one online but don't know if I should buy it painted or just take the raw spoiler to a body shop or something. I would rather avoid getting bent over by the dealer, I know how expensive it must be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Danger Danger Cheap Tint!

$120 is a good price, but it sounds a bit low. Some of my friends also did some price shopping for tint, but it turned purple after a year in the Cali sun. If you know what brand of film the tint shop is using, you can check to make sure you are getting quality window film on your car at http://www.tintcenter.com.

-- harrison

Celestion said:
I found a few good images of 50%. Both of these cars have 50 on the two front doors. The Passat has 20 on the back and the B'mer has 35 on the back.

So ok, the 50% is really light but that is actually the look I'm going for. I got a few quotes of around $120 so that not too bad. I could always do the 50 on the doors and 35 on the corners and back. I dunno, gotta think about it over the next week.

About the wing, has anyone here added a wing.... how much did it cost wing labor and paint. I was thinking of getting one online but don't know if I should buy it painted or just take the raw spoiler to a body shop or something. I would rather avoid getting bent over by the dealer, I know how expensive it must be.

·
Registered
101 Posts
IMO its hard to see how a tint is realy like through a pic, if you want a 50% tint go look at it with your own eyes up close. But for the deck spoiler, great choice :up2: i just wish i bought that instead.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
I have 50% front and 35% rear in my 6 speed. 50% is very light but it does the job for me here in sunny San Diego. Plus I have a black car so i wanted the lighter tint look. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts