Votes: 8 29.6%
  • 35% all around

Votes: 19 70.4%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered Fanatic
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How much tint do you you guys have on your Accords because i wanna get mine done, but i dunno what to get. I wanted 20% all around, but thats illegal and good tint shops around here refuse to do illegal tint all around here no matter how much you beg :( , so I have to get 35% 2 front windows 20% rear; or 35% all around. I dunno if it would look bad with 2 different tints on a white coupe since white accords have light interiors. Please Help!!

Heres my car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/728176

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Yeah, I rather go the legal route. You don't want cops stopping you for your illegal tints. Its just a hassle and a waste of money.

35% all around is good, one part lighter and one part darker just doesn't seem to flow well.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Aztro said:
35% all around is good, one part lighter and one part darker just doesn't seem to flow well.

:iagree:

i'd say go 20% all around.. i wish i had 15% all around =] tint in front is illegal PERIOD. ur gonna tint it might as well tint it dark make it look nice. not like cops are gonna get all crazy over that unless your a **** or they're just looking for a reason to pull you over and see wsup with you... i'm training to be a po po =]

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have 20% all around and tint is illegal in CALI!!

As long as you drive like you are supposed to, and roll ur tints down when a cop is starin at ya, you should be fine.

No problem wutsoever with the 20% so far.

knock on wood**

·
ShOw Me ThE MoNeY
922 Posts
go with legal route, my friend's friend actually got pulled over when his windows were down, and then the cop asked him to roll them up

·
Registered
655 Posts
I say 35 all around, I asked a cop if that would be a problem, and yes, he said, "tint is Illegal period", but also mentioned that he wouldnt stop anybody as long as they could see theres someone inside. So 35 should not be a problem, unless you get one of THOSE cops that just look for anything to write you up.

·
Registered Fanatic
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do they need to get into my trunk to tint the windows, or can I just lock the trunk and give them the valet key?

·
Registered
118 Posts
here is my 2 cents on tinted windows.. I am a cop (three years) and this is how I work. Things like tint are "fix it tickets" meaning that they do not go on your driving record. If i pull a guy over for running a stop sign or something like that manner, (if he didn't almost kill someone) and he is pretty cool and admits what he did, i might not write him for the moving viloation and just write him for a fix it ticket, like no front plate of tinited window. Now if they don't have any fix it problems, what else can i do but write him the mover.. so don't ***** about getting a fix it ticket when you got out of a mover that would have cost you a bunch more money in insurance... Just my 2cents

·
Registered Fanatic
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update
I am a little pissed off right now because the guy I made the appointment with and called again to make sure i could bring it in didnt write it in the book :angry: You can imagine how pissed I was that I drove all that way and the douche didnt write my appointment in the book and left before I came in. :argh: Im gonna have to wait till Monday now.

Just venting :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts