Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to tint the taillights on my 04 6spd coupe

A few questions...
First, what is the preferred brand of tint spray? I would hate to buy something cheap and have it flake off in a couple weeks.

Second, what design should i try. The best one i have ever seen was a Grand am that was barely tinted at the top and almost black at the bottom with a smooth fade in between. Also, will the "pink strip" show through the tint???

Brex, was your center strip sprayed or film tinted?

All opinions welcome. Even the haters.

·
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!
735 Posts
Hey JWarren what's up! We still have that truce right (If your the Jwarren I know!)!! I like the look of brex's with the middle strip sprayed. It kinda of looks AMGish! I did some fancy wire changing in the back so it would look different but not much else. One of my other friends candy coated the tailights all red. So now they are a real deep red all over! Looks cool!

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
It is film tinted.. i do it because i wasn't sure how it looked and didn't want something permanent... now i am almost convince, so i will get a tint spray and take the pink out of its misery too.. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not the jwarren who was an ass to you. In fact, i was banned along with him until i could sort out the mess.
I never thought about red tint, i always just thought smoke tint. My car is NBP, and i have blackhoused projector headlights. Would the all red look as good as the smoke/black?

I was also thinking of tinting the whole bottom

·
Registered
653 Posts
brex said:
It is film tinted.. i do it because i wasn't sure how it looked and didn't want something permanent... now i am almost convince, so i will get a tint spray and take the pink out of its misery too.. :D
Hey brex, I saw that you got these done at california tint, that's where I got my tints too. Anyway, do these films go inside? or outside? If inside, do you have to take off the tail light covers for them? If yes, is the cover easy to take off, and if i put them back do I need to use some epoxy to seal them back? sorry for the bundle of questions. Thx in advance

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Ursus said:
Hey brex, I saw that you got these done at california tint, that's where I got my tints too. Anyway, do these films go inside? or outside? If inside, do you have to take off the tail light covers for them? If yes, is the cover easy to take off, and if i put them back do I need to use some epoxy to seal them back? sorry for the bundle of questions. Thx in advance
lol.. np..

the film goes outside.. (so that basically skip rest of the questions.. hehehe.. )

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ursus said:
Oh tight! maybe I'll try autozone to see if they have tint films for diy... thx again
There's no skill, it's simply cutting and pasting. I thought at first it would be a temporary mod just to see how it looks. But now after a year and a half, it still looks as good with no deterioration so I just left it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts