Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a step away from tinting my tail lights, now im wondering if its legal?

I want to do the whole tail light with a very light spray of tint.
I know the lights will all be visable, ive seen cars with pitch black tails and all lights were visable.
But im wondering if the cops in MA will give me problems if i had them just looking 'smoked'
Anyone know?
 

·
get'cha roll on...
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
im not sure about the legality issue, but i was thinking of smoking my front orange blinkers... orange is not a color that is going to stay on my ride if i can help it. do they make clear turn signals for the gen 7?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
v6SicksSpeed said:
im not sure about the legality issue, but i was thinking of smoking my front orange blinkers... orange is not a color that is going to stay on my ride if i can help it. do they make clear turn signals for the gen 7?
2 things u can do, im also going to do this.
1. is u can buy those blacked out ones off ebay.
2. you can take your lights off the car, take a hair dryer, or throw them in the oven to losen up the glue, open them, take out the orange, and either tint it, or just plain remove it.
I think im going to open mine up and just spray tint all over it, untill its completely black. then put it back together.
But then again, opening it and all that sounds like alot of work so i might just buy the blacked out ones for like 150.00 off ebay. :rolleye2:
 

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
Joined
·
1,881 Posts
i'd say stick to just tinting the blinker parts on the rears that way you're not attracting unneccessary attention from cops. for the front, you should search for the diy black housing threads. it shows how to take aparts the lights and remove the amber pieces. same concept from the 6th gen lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DaBenz7898 said:
i'd say stick to just tinting the blinker parts on the rears that way you're not attracting unneccessary attention from cops. for the front, you should search for the diy black housing threads. it shows how to take aparts the lights and remove the amber pieces. same concept from the 6th gen lights.
you mean the pink reverse line?
the blinkers are actually located in the uper red section of the light..
 

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
Joined
·
1,881 Posts
DeezV604 said:
you mean the pink reverse line?
the blinkers are actually located in the uper red section of the light..
oh, my bad......i thought the blinkers were in that pink section. in that case, tint the revers lights......black/red tails would look nice.
 

·
get'cha roll on...
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
yea it does look pretty good. im not sure what im going to do, its not going to happen right away, but itll probably be a summer project.. ill look into the diy section
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just tinted the whole light, once i get the clear coat worked out ill post some pics..
my whole light is very dark red, almost a burgundy
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top