Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this with the window film, same as the method used on the coupes.

what do you think, anyone else tried?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks pretty dang good, :up2: Im going to try my coupe lights next. What brand film did you use and where did you buy it at?

·
^ that's my name
650 Posts
lol someone beat me to it, i planned on doing this during the summer, but for the past year i've had this:

·
^ that's my name
650 Posts
it looks dull in pics, but it looks good in person...to me anyways. It's candy-apple black spraypaint =P

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
isnt candy apple the transparent RED? is it the kind in the little spray can from Testors. i think its just called black transparent or smoke or something. it does look dull in the pic
when i did my tint it got cold out...and rained the next day. so it never had a chance to fully dry correctly. its kinda messed up in places so i will probably end up re-doing it. i have a whole roll tho so its no biggie. i got it at advance autoparts...i think that chain has other names in other parts of the country. anyway the lightest i could find..30 or 35% it was like $9.99

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
acb384 said:
I did this with the window film, same as the method used on the coupes.

what do you think, anyone else tried?

looks nice, matches ur exterior perfectly, well done

·
Registered
388 Posts
ll haC said:
lol someone beat me to it, i planned on doing this during the summer, but for the past year i've had this:

i don't mean to knock on ur work but why did u go black? doesn't flow dude... it's just odd seeing black there... that's just my opinion... should have gone all red but i think matching the body colour is the best way to do it... :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
acb384 said:
isnt candy apple the transparent RED? is it the kind in the little spray can from Testors. i think its just called black transparent or smoke or something. it does look dull in the pic
when i did my tint it got cold out...and rained the next day. so it never had a chance to fully dry correctly. its kinda messed up in places so i will probably end up re-doing it. i have a whole roll tho so its no biggie. i got it at advance autoparts...i think that chain has other names in other parts of the country. anyway the lightest i could find..30 or 35% it was like $9.99

yup... should let it sit at least 24-48 hrs for the tints to cure... and if it rains, no go my friend... so pray it doesn't rain next time u do it :D

·
^ that's my name
650 Posts
koolbreeze said:
i don't mean to knock on ur work but why did u go black? doesn't flow dude... it's just odd seeing black there... that's just my opinion... should have gone all red but i think matching the body colour is the best way to do it... :D

That's an old pic of my car. I have a black modulo front lip, 5% tint all around, blackhoused retrofits. So it fits quite well I blelieve. I plan on getting some dark rims with polished lip this summer.

·
Registered
388 Posts
ll haC said:
That's an old pic of my car. I have a black modulo front lip, 5% tint all around, blackhoused retrofits. So it fits quite well I blelieve. I plan on getting some dark rims with polished lip this summer.

:up:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts