Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts

VHT Night Shade spray tint. lots of people use it. i would smoke it about one or two layers. i don't like it when it's too dark.

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
1,454 Posts
I used that spray on my buddys taillights and I used 3 coats. I have pics of them on here somewhere. But I like that spray because it is cheap and easy to use. :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
clear coat it afterwards for a nice gloss finish. I have a center one already done, few light scratches, if you want it let me know....I can get pics if you want them.
sometimes you don't need to clearcoat it. but it doesn't hurt to clearcoat it about 1 layer. if you do too much, it's going to look hazy and people behind you can barely see you brake. but i would def. smoke tail lights rather than tint.

·
Registered
277 Posts

That is about 7-8 shades of Nightshades Taillight Spray (the stuff posted above), and about 3 coats of clearcoat.
Any questions feel free to PM me

·
Go Cowboys!!!
130 Posts
night pics?...ive been wanting to do this for a while and i jsut keep pushing it off...now i might actually take the time to do it...i jsut wanna see how the tails look when braking and when just the normal lights are on.

·
Registered
277 Posts
night pics?...ive been wanting to do this for a while and i jsut keep pushing it off...now i might actually take the time to do it...i jsut wanna see how the tails look when braking and when just the normal lights are on.
Give me a bit to get those pics, it's 12:30 in the afternoon mang!!! :D

·
Registered
277 Posts

Took as many pics as I could, in the garage on a cloudy day but the spotlight was on... but that is how bright they are and you can see how bright it is in the garage, during the night they will be even brighter.

My neighbor is a higher-up police officer and I was asking him about it.... he says as long as during the night when your lights are on, if red faces backwards, it's legal.... (at least here in central Canada). However he said he is counting down the days until I get a ticket for my side windows being tinted.. any tint on the driver/front passenger side windows is highly illegal :(

Oh well, can't winem all!

If you have any more pic requests feel free to ask, no problem at all... I took lots here hopefully to give you a good idea. If you still want some during the night feel free to ask, but it will take a couple hours to get them :) Some of those pics are with the brakes on, some are just the driving lights... I can't even tell which ones anymore. And I couldn't get a straight on pic because my rear bumper was right close to the garage door lol. In one of those pics (or maybe two or three) you can see on the right triangle taillight where I put one coat on too thick and it dripped a bit, on the upper light. There is also about 2-3 coats of shade on the sidemarkers.

·
Registered
277 Posts
On the downside... when I decide I don't like it anymore or when I want to sell my car... I'm still not sure exactly how to take it off. LOL

Any tips for the future??

·
Whoah
1,072 Posts
i have a light tint on mine and it looks great. i'd defiantly do it, it's simple and noticeable.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here's mine

I used a film rather than the paint. Although I didn't use their film, I heard a company called lamin-x makes some. IMO film is better because you can rip it off when you don't want it on anymore (ie sell the car).

To put on the film, just get some rubbing alcohol and mix that with some water (alcohol is best becasue it can evaporate more easily than water under the film leaving less pockets).

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
i tinted my red/clears myself. i used a black candy mixed with clearcoat...... its EXACTLY what i was looking for. i am not a fan of aerosol tinting, at all. i say have it done professionally if you cant do it yourself......

·
5,806 Posts
^thanks man

·
Registered
12 Posts
iv been puLLED Ova TOOO many times for that shyt.... GRABS alot of ATTENTION....
even the wrong ones.........especailly when u got a black car black tints and smoked out lights... good luck with it MAyn...

·
5,806 Posts
ive been pulled over before for things other than my tails, ive never been pulled for my tail lights. i think it depends on the area you live in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts