Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just tinted my tail lights and i am just wondering is there anyways to remove small bubbles? (i tried the rubber thing)
do u think the tint will come off if it is on the outside of ur car...I will post pics this weekend

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
use a needle to put a small hole at one end of the hole, then use your finger to force all the air in that hole towards that hole and it should all push out, and the hole will not be visable.....I manage a sign shop and do it all the time. Just FYI for people that are going to do this in the future, the more pressure you can use while applying the tint, or vinyl, the less bubbles will form and need to be popped.

If the bubbles are really bad or really small, use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the bubbles before you puncture them. The heat will allow the tint/vinyl to be more flexible and the adhesive to be more workable.

Minor stuff will work itself out with time, esp the more time it sits in the sun and stays warm- the adhesive will flatten out.
Hope this helps....

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm having a hard time finding this vinyl that is used to tint the tail lights. Anyone have any suggestions?? I've called so many places that make signs and no one seems to carry these. Help anyone?

·
Tofu Delivery Boy
5,707 Posts
if you call a tint shop they will sell you the film. someone told me you can get similar stuff at home depot for like, UV protecting house windows. but, im not sure. The tint film usually goes on the outside. and i have never seen tint film on the outside fall off... *crosses fingers*

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
I think you guys are talking about tinting just the pinkish strip on the tails...right? If that's the case, then you can check out pics of Brex's and Hongda's cars. I believe they still have their tails like that. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the film goes on the outside. Also Ursus did this...said it only took 30 minutes or so. I want to do this eventually.

·
Retired the Accord
872 Posts
A buddy of mine did that exact thing, he's got the 04 accord coupe and got some vinyl and tinted the "pink" reverse lights. It is done on the outside of the lights, (you wouldn't be able to put it inside very effectively. Besides breaking the seal you'd have to work around all the weird plastic angles and molds, IMO). You can't tell unless you really look for it. Don't know how long it took him, not too long 30-60 minutes. I want to get some myself and do my 6th gen, I think the whole thing tinted looks nice and I don't want to spend the money on the carbon fiber replacement- call me cheap. If I can find out where he go his vinyl from I'll post a link cause it was on the web.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am wondering how the hell you cut the tint out straight on the taillight without using some kind of template, i tried it and it came out retarded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts