Accord V6 Forum banner

What kind of tinting do you like or have?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to see what everyone thinks of tinting...

EDIT: what i meant by illegal is... illegal % not on the front window haha

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
LOL, what is "illegal tinting?" tint on front windows?

for me, i hate to give cops more excuses to write me a ticket. the only exception would be the front license plate which i've removed. that can be easily replaced though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what I would consider illegal? meaning if you haven't got pulled over for it, is it legal? LOL, I just voted Regular tinting (20% sides, 5% rear)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have 20% all the way around, which is illegal here... darkest you can go on the fronts is 30% in new mexico, and 20% in the rears.... I just hate having different darknesses between front and back.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
I have 15% on all 4 doors and rear window. I found it to be the best when it comes to blocking sun, privacy, being able to see at night...

pictures at my cardomain

·
Registered
5 Posts
You guys/gals have the strip at the top of the back window clear. I've seen several that didn't, seems like most of them do. Anyone know any tricks to make the tint stick to tha dots ?? -------regular tint-------

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
+1 for Illegal.

lol. Rebels.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what i meant by illegal is... illegal % not on the front window haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
had some very nice metalic 25% smoke tint on my car, but had to rip it all of because it was blocking the signal for the navi. Thought about remote locating the gps antenna in the front or cutting a window for the rear brake light and locting the antenna there, but ended up just retinting it w/ 35% charcoal instead, which is the legal limit here in Washington anyways.

·
Registered
630 Posts
kramer2k said:
:iagree:

I voted illegal because "regular tint" just doesn't do it for me. I've got 13% all the way around (excluding the windshield of course).
why do u exclude the windshield? I got 50% on my windshield,I had 20% all around, I had 35% front 5% 3 back windows, I had 50% front 5% 3 back windows & each time I always got tickets for it with the 50% on the windshield & officers never noticed i t,

Anyway after like 5-6 tint tickets I rock windshield 50%, no tint on the front, & 20% on the 3 backs

I have spent so much money on tint that I quit on it

I dread the day I have to untint the winshield, the glue is going to be crazy & it's been there for 3 years:suprise:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kiet said:
gonna vote on the platinum. i have it on my 6gen and its awesome... ne ways, found this thread, may be a little help to you.. ;)

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33461&highlight=quantum
haha, that car is the reason i made the poll... but i found it on car domain. thx for the link.

i have a silver cord and thinking about tinting soon. ill probably go with regular tint, but the metallic looks interesting, not sure if i like it or hate it :cool:

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
In Indiana, 30% is legal.

I went ahead and did 20% both front and back - didn't seem like a huge difference to me. But I guess since my car is black, it is pretty noticable. But I've never been hassled by cops for my tint, so I'm not going to worry about it.

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
15% all around for me (excluding front window of course). Any tint on front driver and passenger windows is illegal in Illinois. I had 35% in front on my 6th gen (15% in the rear). But on the 7th gen, I wanted to go darker in front to somewhat offset the beige interior, so I went with 15%. Who cares about cops? Many of them could care less about the tint law in this state. But if you go further south into Central and Southern Ill, those country cops will ticket you for it, for a lack of having anything better to do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts