Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know any good shops around the DC area that do tire mounts and balancing for a good price. Unless some of you work for a shop and you guys can hook me up :up2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
o3exV6rider said:
Does anyone here know any good shops around the DC area that do tire mounts and balancing for a good price. Unless some of you work for a shop and you guys can hook me up :up2:

same here...need the same info....if no response i guess i'll just take it to a sears auto shop or som'n....

·
Just a Regular Member now
963 Posts
Sorry, I don't trust 95% of the small shops around here. I usually goto Mr. Tire :)
Sear's has been taken over by another company which shall remain nameless...they stink big time. Avoid Sears.

Dizzy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mr.Tire across from the MC Rockville campus BLOWS!!! i took my car there and they told me the bill would range from 100-130, I got charged 160 because they claim they "had to remount the 1 of the tires back on the rim."

A BUNCH OF BOLOGNA!!!

·
963 Posts
Interestingly enough, THAT's the Mr. Tire I always goto and have always gotten fair and accurate pricing and treatment.

What did you get done? If they had to remount something, that means it wasn't properly mounted or had problems and you should be thankful they caught it and fixed it before you blew a tire and had an accident. Just a thought. Did you order tires from Tire Rack? or was it a simply tire rotating and oil change?

Dizzy

·
Registered
16 Posts
they claim they remounted my back tires. But when i took it to a friends shop to do my alignment and rotation, he was shocked to see that the rear wheels looked like they have never been touched. It was in pretty bad shape with - camber like none other. This isnt a even 6 months after i had gone to Mr. Tire. I understand wear and tear but for a car that i mostly drive on the weekends and not even push it to its limits, suspension wise, i think it was a bunch of crap they told me they "remounted" my rear wheels.

BOTTOM LINE - I GOT HAD!

Conclusion- DONT GO TO MR. TIRE!!! MR. Tire is Mr. BS!!!

·
963 Posts
I think you should call and talk to a manager about it. Have your friend's shop write up a report on the conditions as they found it before you talk to them. That's BS. I've always had good experiences there so...dunno what's up with your situation.

Dizzy

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Dizzy said:
Sear's has been taken over by another company which shall remain nameless...they stink big time. Avoid Sears.

Dizzy
you mean k-mart and crazzy eddy lampert?

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea i could go and do that dizzy and i considered. But in the end i got my alignment done and balancing in, if i go and file complaint im goin to have to go back and look for the reciept, have to get write up forms from my boy, and go and argue against Mr. Tire. Rather than waste my time doin all this, i rather spread the word about their bad service, i think gettin to their business and hurtin it comes at a higher price to them with word-of-mouth propaganda.

U want alignment/balancin done MERCHANTS is the way to go I THINK

·
963 Posts
Which merchants? There's one I know on Rockville Pike (rt355) across from where they are building those luxury condo's that cost over 800k.

Dizzy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts