Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
It's gotta either be part of the knob, or part of the boot. Seems from the helm's image that it's likely part of the boot. Stop by a local Acura dealer to check it out. (probably best to pretend you're actually interested in the car, not just the little ring under the shift knob)

edit: If it's the same diameter and pitch, then it will fit. Couldn't find the specs on either of the models though. Your best bet is to probably look for aftermarket knobs for the accord and TL, then look at the specs on the diameter and pitch.

·
Going back to my roots.
305 Posts
the ring is part of the boot. just hold it and it unclips from the shift knob, then unscrew the knob......same kinda setup that my 01 had.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
i believe that is what it is...that is what i re-threaded it too (the portion below what was already threaded) when I cut mine to shorten the height

·
Banned
65 Posts
i hate everything about my clutch in my 04 6spd....the clutch is pretty heavy, then when i race 2nd gear has been...striped a cupple times haha opps but still the clutch just DOESN"T hold up under some street raceing.......sometimes i wanna spend any amount of money to get something done about it to make it easyer

PS yessss i know i spell like a 3rd grader at best haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts