Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at putting the grey 18" five split spoke rims from Acura TL's... i'm wondering if it will fit the accords... they don't know the offset but the tires are 235/40... and are there any other places i can purchase them??? cause i don't feel like speding $4000+ CAD for them... seems like the new RL's have similar rims as well although i haven't asked for the price...

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just started noticing those too.
Probably just gonna look for something similar but cheaper unless someone comes up with a great deal on 'em.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think it's outrageous how much they charge for them... i had no idea they were black chrome though.... i know it's a new thing that's just recently been showing up... i told the guy at the dealership it was grey/graphite cause i've only seen them with brake dust... hahaha... oops... he did have a set of used but still wouldn't be much cheaper...

·
Registered
126 Posts
it has to be the 05 TL A-Spec wheels and not the 04. The 05 is 8" wide whereas last year's was 8.5" wide. They will fit perfectly. I was tempted to get them myself, but for the price you'll pay, you could get a nice set of volks...

~Amanda

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes they do... but oh well... i still gotta put my new 6x9 and s2k projector headlight in my ride... hope i get enough time to put em in next weekend... ^.^

·
Registered
126 Posts
808v6er said:
dont they look just like nakayama vador 5?
yep, but the nakayama vado 5 is no longer being produced for the US... or so I was told by a few online retailers

Amanda

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
mandercruso said:
it has to be the 05 TL A-Spec wheels and not the 04. The 05 is 8" wide whereas last year's was 8.5" wide. They will fit perfectly. I was tempted to get them myself, but for the price you'll pay, you could get a nice set of volks...

~Amanda
i thought the original aspec wheels are 8.5" and the optional aspec wheel are 8".

but nonetheless, they are freakin heavy...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i know im a lil late here also but i just started noticing these wheels recently and am also interested, too bad theyre so expensive haha oh well

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Raddy21 said:
i know im a lil late here also but i just started noticing these wheels recently and am also interested, too bad theyre so expensive haha oh well

yup, the acura dealer i went to rip u off mad! never going there for anything... i love those rims but they're way too heavy... the sales manager could barely lift one with mounted tires, it was ridiculous to see him struggling to lift it :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know this thread is old, but I figured other people might still be wondering if the '04 Acura TL 18x8.5 wheels fit on our ride without rubbing. Here's my setup:

'04 TL A-Spec wheels 18x8.5
Kumho Supra 712s 235/40/18
Tein S-Techs + Koni Yellows (top perch)

I have some more pics in my gallery in case anyone is interested. I got them with some minor nicks and bruises for $400 total and had them repaired/repainted for another few hundred bucks. I think they look pretty sweet. :D

I don't have any problems rubbing when turning the wheel. The roads are pretty decent out here and I drive like a grandma over speed bumps so I'm not sure if I'll have any problems if I hit any bumps at high speeds.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts