Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,*
After talking with another member on the V6P forum who has swapped his OEM Accord manifold with a TL manifold, I've decided that this would be a project I would like to undertake. I was wondering however, if Anyone on this forum has attempted to do this swap. How hard is it to swap manifold systems, and would this require a tune?

For those of you who don't Know or have never heard of this project, here are the benefits:
A TL manifold is approximately 9lbs lighter, and made of a material that is hollow. It provides a better intake noise, as well as reduces heat as it circulates through the engine.*
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chip.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
it just bolts on. I just bought a 08 TL-S magnisium manifold.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
There might be some gains, but is it worth 500 bucks?

The TL-S manifold is 2 piece magnesium. It is not 9lb light. The base TL and accord is about 10 lbs.

I plan to smooth out the IM casting marks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been told it will provide more cool air to circulate to the engine, and I'm assuming smoothing out the manifold would give it even better gains?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ yup that the plan.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to get the j35 manifold off the 8th gen v6 6 speeds to work on my 7th gen v6-6. Its the two piece manifold as well. It may not be magnesium but since I get all Honda parts at cost it could be a decent project....

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
I got my manifold... Uhh the accord TB doesn't fit. wtf? lol Should have expected that.

but inside is super smooth. I don't think I need to polish much.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Okay turns only I was sold a 09 rl I'm I will need the 09tb or the 10 tl shawd tb. Now the 07-08 I'm will fit. On the accord but the dumb ass the sold me it lied about what engine it came out of.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
nope. but it does work if you get the right one. I end up port and polishing my old one and sold the 09 im

1 - 17 of 17 Posts