Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
well 04+ doesnt have a TL Type S model. Make sure to get the manual one. It is 20mm. You will also need the brackets and bushings. You could always, if you want 2mm more and name, get the comptech one which is 22mm, but you would need to go to your local auto parts store to pick up the bushings and brackets.

·
_
1,648 Posts
yeah, i think they are interchangable, the older tl, newer tl, cl, accords......

just get the 04 6spd tl rear sway. you won't regret it, but don't spend the money for the comptech. get a front tl sway bar while your at it instead.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just got a 5% off promo code from acuraparts247.com by e-mail. Dunno if it's a one time use code, but PM me if anyone wants it. They already have a great price on the TL-s sway.

Yes there is a type S bar. The stock TL bar is a 17mm.

·
Oh yeah!
484 Posts
Sorry to kinda jack this thread, but do you guys know if TL -s sway bars fit in a 6th gen accord 4banger sedan? And if they do, what year/gen tl-s?

·
_
1,648 Posts
yeah, i think they work on the previous accord too. but there might be a rubbing issue like the 4 bangers have now with the tl bar.

you could get a cl type s bar, bigger diameter (19mm), same design as the accord comes with.

and there isn't a type s model on the 04 tl. the web site says that, but there is no car. an a spec is the closest thing, but the s is just referring to the 6spd it has.

so get an 03 cl-s or 04 tl-s bar off acuraautomotive or something.

but check to make sure it will work on a 6gen 4 cylinder. can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
it will fit your I4 accord. you can use sway bar of any TL generation, but its reccomended to get sway bar of 3gen (04+) TL 6sp (Sport). if you are going to buy it, don't forget to get two brackets and two rubber bushings, you can reuse accord's bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts