Accord V6 Forum banner

Do you guys like your Av6 debadged or not?

• Debadge

Votes: 33 63.5%
  • LEAVE IT!!!!

Votes: 19 36.5%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
i took mine off day 1 when I picked up my 6speed. When I had my auto, i had doubts about taking it off, but half a year later after owning it, decided to test it out, and what can I say? It looks much better! Cleaner too. If u wanna remove, remove ASAP. Longer u wait, more u gotta claybar or let the paint sit in the sun to get the color to match again.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
looks cleaner without the accord and trim level/v6 emblems imo. i removed mine the day after i bought it. def leave the honda though

another reason why i debadged was for washing and waxing. the emblems tend to trap dirt and hold it against the cars paint. also, waxing is much easier without having to worry about getting wax caked around and between letters.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't mind having the badges off, it does provide for a cleaner look. Although in my case I didn't have much of a choice since somebody stole my badges (thankfully they left the H alone and there was no visible damage to the paint). Perhaps the person who did it admired my car and thought it would look better without it. :gotme:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
SlayerGTR said:
i took mine off day 1 when I picked up my 6speed. When I had my auto, i had doubts about taking it off, but half a year later after owning it, decided to test it out, and what can I say? It looks much better! Cleaner too. If u wanna remove, remove ASAP. Longer u wait, more u gotta claybar or let the paint sit in the sun to get the color to match again.
ditto first mod I did removed all but the H and it didnt leave anything behind b/c i did it so early. and yeah do this esp. if your going for the clean look.

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i would say to heat it up a bit with heat gun or hair dryer and then use floss or something thin to take it off slowly... try using goo gone to get rid of the excess glue...

damn... the polls are even... i cant decide if i should take it off or not!

·
Registered
758 Posts
ephyouckay said:
Which do your prefer?

depends, if you're not getting them shaved off where the holes will be invisible, then leave them. I have all my emblems shaved off, the front one in the grill I had it removed, the hole filled in with body filler and painted the color of the car. My painter then used the H symbol as a stencil and ghosted in an H symbol...

just some ideas

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took the "Accord' badge off, but left the v6 on. I want to take the H off too (that thing is way too freakin' big!), but I don't want to deal with filling in the holes, so I'll leave it for now.

To de-badge: Heat it up with a hair-dryer and use dental floss to carefully floss it off. Goo Gone works really well to get rid of the sticky stuff and it doesn't ruin the paint.

·
Banned
87 Posts
"RED H badge for my 6th gen accord"

They are on the same aisle as the RICE-a-roni. UKKKKK

On another note, using Goo B Gone works great to get the sticky off.....but why....WHY....would you remove the badges....especially if you've got the 6.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts