Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok for everyone out there that has either performed the j32 +6spd either with me or anyone else....here's a fix that you might want to pay attention to.....

first secret...to make the reverse light work on the v6 accord...you have to swap the pin onf the cabin harness side of the engine harness( found drivers side of the of the vehicle.) after this swap...it should put the blue black wire in the position of the reverse lock out colenoid.....then cut the wire...from the fuse box connector(again drivers side)...solder another wire from there over to the ecu....on teh cl-s ecu it's pin E15.....other wise....you may destroy reverse gear.....and after fix four of these problems for free.....I'd rather ;et everyone know than keep it secret......hahhhahahahaha but don't think there aren't more out there....I just don't want to see anyone brake thier stuff

Aidan

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
aidan....what's the official word on the 6spd swap kit? I have no idea what I need other than the tranny and the ECU...so I don't know what to get from you and/or from other places. If the going rate is 3gs, the kit might be a little steep for me =/. Apparently you're the man with all the answers and also very hard to get a hold of...so could you drop me a PM or E-Mail ([email protected]) when you get a chance? I'm serious about this swap...and I wanna chat with you about it so I know what I'm really getting into. Until about 8 hours ago, I thought this was a plug and play deal =/ (that's how bad I've got it....)

·
J32A2 6-Speed Rocks
858 Posts
Physically, it is a plug and play. Everything drops right in. Electrically, it's almost a nightmare. But Aidan can do it. Other than that, I don't have the details on the swap. Most of the rewiring is done from the ecu. While there are some wiring that does need to be redone from the fuse or engine bay like what aidan mentioned above. Good luck

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
hmm...maybe i'll try here. aidan...i sent you a PM....but i'm seriously considering this swap. I heard it takes you about a week to do...and i believe it, so i was thinking about (in the middle of summer 2006) buying the tranny, having it shipped to your shop, driving out to socal for a little vaca, and having you do the swap for me. It will probably end up being cheaper for me to do that than to have it done locally here by someone who will take longer and, therefore, charge more. PM me if you read this, please =]...you're a hard guy to chase down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
aidan....what's the official word on the 6spd swap kit? I have no idea what I need other than the tranny and the ECU...so I don't know what to get from you and/or from other places. If the going rate is 3gs, the kit might be a little steep for me =/. Apparently you're the man with all the answers and also very hard to get a hold of...so could you drop me a PM or E-Mail ([email protected]) when you get a chance? I'm serious about this swap...and I wanna chat with you about it so I know what I'm really getting into. Until about 8 hours ago, I thought this was a plug and play deal =/ (that's how bad I've got it....)
Question

·
Registered
8 Posts
Physically, it is a plug and play. Everything drops right in. Electrically, it's almost a nightmare. But Aidan can do it. Other than that, I don't have the details on the swap. Most of the rewiring is done from the ecu. While there are some wiring that does need to be redone from the fuse or engine bay like what aidan mentioned above. Good luck
Question

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok for everyone out there that has either performed the j32 +6spd either with me or anyone else....here's a fix that you might want to pay attention to.....

first secret...to make the reverse light work on the v6 accord...you have to swap the pin onf the cabin harness side of the engine harness( found drivers side of the of the vehicle.) after this swap...it should put the blue black wire in the position of the reverse lock out colenoid.....then cut the wire...from the fuse box connector(again drivers side)...solder another wire from there over to the ecu....on teh cl-s ecu it's pin E15.....other wise....you may destroy reverse gear.....and after fix four of these problems for free.....I'd rather ;et everyone know than keep it secret......hahhhahahahaha but don't think there aren't more out there....I just don't want to see anyone brake thier stuff

Aidan
Question

1 - 11 of 11 Posts