Accord V6 Forum banner

Tokico D-spec 16 way adjustable

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  6spNaviRacer 
#1 · (Edited)
Tokico D-spec/HTS 16 way adjustable

I was searching the net for a good price on koni yellows when I came across these.
I did a quick forum search and found only mention of tokico hp shocks here.

I think our accord have a new adjustable damping system other than koni yellows.

Has anybody else seen these tokico d-spec's/HTS? The part # is hts507.

I think for drag racing these are better than koni's because of the dual rebound and compression damping.

anyone else have more info?
both d-spec and hts are exactly the same so tokico tells me.

#6 · (Edited)
#11 ·
6spNaviRacer said:
Well I put them on myself. I have Tokico HTS's on my accord.
The wide range is so cool, I can make them rock hard or pillow soft and any where in between.
Beat me to it, I had my eye on a set for a couple weeks now. I was always wondering why nobody else here ever brought them up? How hard is it to adjust them, is it something you can do in a parking lot, or is it a garage-type job?
I found a set for $279 to my door, how does that compare to what you paid?

#12 ·
Half-Breed said:
Beat me to it, I had my eye on a set for a couple weeks now. I was always wondering why nobody else here ever brought them up? How hard is it to adjust them, is it something you can do in a parking lot, or is it a garage-type job?
I found a set for $279 to my door, how does that compare to what you paid?
$279 that sounds like a set of Tokico HP not Tokico HTS.
I just saw a set of HTS on ebay for $570.00, But I paid $502.00.
I can adjust all 4 corners in about 3 min.
The rear panel has to be popped of to adjust the rears and then put back on thats half the time.
just lift the hood to adjust the fronts.
they all adjust from the top with a knob that comes with the set.

#16 ·
j03acc said:
where did you pick these up for 502? The links you provided list them for much more.

Thanks!
Those web sites were just for info on the set.
Call 800-245-1001 and ask for Anthony...........you may have to be transfered because they have 2 locations.
Tell them you know me "David" and that I just bought a set of HTS507's on 7-9-7 and you would like the same deal.
Shipping Charge, or tax if your in the same state should be the only differences.
Let me know how it goes.

#17 ·
I like the fact that these have that ring around the base of the front shockbodies like the oem shocks do. I had a huge issue with the konis not having anything really holding the shock in except the clamping force, and the fork was shearing right through the shockbody when I hit relatively tame bumps at slow speeds. I'll never buy koni again. Ill give tokico a try next time though..

#18 ·
6spNaviRacer said:
Those web sites were just for info on the set.
Call 800-245-1001 and ask for Anthony...........you may have to be transfered because they have 2 locations.
Tell them you know me "David" and that I just bought a set of HTS507's on 7-9-7 and you would like the same deal.
Shipping Charge, or tax if your in the same state should be the only differences.
Let me know how it goes.
I was looking at getting a pair of Tokico's ,but I was going for the HP series (the blue ones). Any ideas as to the difference between the 2 trim levels (I know the HTS ones are adjustable).

#19 ·
I don't think the HP's are any better than the factory ones.

If you have lowering springs already and plan on any kind of racing then the HTS's would give you great control in adjusting the dampening from street to track.

If you still have stock springs however it might be better to look into another kit out there that has the springs and struts for one price.

#20 ·
6spNaviRacer said:
I don't think the HP's are any better than the factory ones.

If you have lowering springs already and plan on any kind of racing then the HTS's would give you great control in adjusting the dampening from street to track.

If you still have stock springs however it might be better to look into another kit out there that has the springs and struts for one price.
Really? So what are our OEM ones then? I assumed that Tokico HP Blues were a step up because they were dubbed High Performance (that and they are pretty and blue :D ). So I should be looking into that Neuspeed supercup kit? Although the springs with that are a tad too low for me.

#21 ·
Half-Breed said:
Really? So what are our OEM ones then? I assumed that Tokico HP Blues were a step up because they were dubbed High Performance (that and they are pretty and blue :D ). So I should be looking into that Neuspeed supercup kit? Although the springs with that are a tad too low for me.
If you just do normal driving I can't see where you would feel a difference with the blues.
I'm sure you could make your own kit with the dozens of lowering springs out there.
If you are not going to race then the HP's are fine.
I race so the HTS's are way better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.