Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have my 7Gen V6 MT6 Coupe in Germany, and have been testing it extensively.

My top speed so far was 132.1MpH

I still have enough range in 5th and 6th gear for RPM's to go faster, so why won't it?

Any ideas?

·
Banned
219 Posts
The car is not only electronically limited to a certain top speed, but even if you were to take out the governor, the car is still drag limited. It's a matter of physics.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
gatrhumpy said:
The car is not only electronically limited to a certain top speed.....
I thought only the automatics had electronic limiters....... that the 6-speeds were drag limited.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hmm, so it sounds like you have a good opportunity for some tests, if you are being drag limited. If you could get ahold of an OEM body kit, and maybe a spoiler, you could try different combinations and see if any of them help out. I've always wondered if the body kits and such were aerodynamically beneficial, or just looked cool.

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
The autos are electronically speed limited. The 6-speeds are not, they are only limited by gearing.

I have had my car past the 150 mark and still pulling. Dangerous? yes. I know and Im ok with it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
blu6speed said:
The autos are electronically speed limited. The 6-speeds are not, they are only limited by gearing.

I have had my car past the 150 mark and still pulling. Dangerous? yes. I know and Im ok with it.

i thought our 6speeds are gov't limited to 135mph? :confused: or is that the auto i'm thinking about? damn 150 is crazy fast!!! :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx for the replies

about the aero kit, i doubt that would change much

what interests me more is why some people are saying they've been at 145 or 150 and mine won't get over that 132 so far (keep in mind, I am talking about a even stretch, NO downhill)

would very much appreciate more input, especially if it leads to a solution (i have owned old beaten down cars over here with that top speed, so I want more for my money)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey smc78, I saw your car getting ready to leave the port. With the silver edge tint :cool:

I think at those speeds any little thing could take off speed.

Did you ever get your car lowered? I don't think the lesser frontal area presented by a little less tire would matter much, but maybe the smaller fender gap would catch less air.

The decklid lip spoiler is supposed to reduce drag, not to be confused with the wing spoiler.

Are there any laws against drafting on the autobahn? :D

Drive safe

·
Registered
46 Posts
hobbes235 said:
i thought our 6speeds are gov't limited to 135mph? :confused: or is that the auto i'm thinking about? damn 150 is crazy fast!!! :eek:
I had mine at around 135 and let off..but the motorcycle 171 and stil pulling mwuahaha you have to love 150 whp and 400 pounds

·
Registered
172 Posts
i dont think the 6 speeds are drag limited. When i top mine out the fuel cuts out at 135ish and it feels like its got alot more in it...I have a 2004 ex v6 6sp mt...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey truckin, no haven't lowered it yet. Unfortunately it just came in Monday, so I haven't had much time with it yet.

but it's kind of funny that someone from the port that saw my car happens to be on the website too. i guess it's a small world afterall

to the average speed, this week it's been about 120 most of the time, but I have to start slowing down, burn to much fuel at that speed. But if your car can do it, that is your average travelling speed.

i have heard about the lip vs spoiler too already, i'll have to see if i can get one over here

oh, when it stops accelerating it is not sudden or anything, it just doesn't go any faster and keeps cruising at that speed

is this a ECU thing? are there any products out to modify that yet? and i am still wondering why some people have a lot higher end speedwith the same car (and no, i did not drive it like a granny in the states)

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
hey so what gps did you use to measure your speed? also what was your speed on your speedo when you hit 135? cos i distinctly feel our speedos are off at higher speeds.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used the stock navi, if you go in to the hidden setup menus (posted somewhere on here how to)

my tachometer is off by about 3 mpH, that doesn't seem that bad

1 - 20 of 113 Posts