Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was wondering whats the fastest you guys have hit in your accords? i've hit 113, but im worried about my tires blowing or sumthin else happening. i was waiting for my 18s to test over that. what does the accord I4 (preferably a 99 sedan) top out at?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slowaccord said:
theres plenty of threads on this already
is there??? sorry i didn't know. ill search next time.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
you could probably hit 130 just need some time patience and alot of open road.. and it would also help alot if you where going downhill

·
Registered
126 Posts
i believe my car has hit 120 a couple times, i don't know who was driving though lol, but i'm 100% positive it won't be going any faster until new tires are on there, and most likely not even then. the cars need has been fulfulled for a good bit

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ncstatewolfpack said:
i believe my car has hit 120 a couple times, i don't know who was driving though lol, but i'm 100% positive it won't be going any faster until new tires are on there, and most likely not even then. the cars need has been fulfulled for a good bit
yea, what mods does ur car have? and what do we govern at? isn't it 125?

·
Registered
76 Posts
ive hit 140, took about half an hour to get there tho lol, was kinda scary cuz the needle actauly went into the red and was at around 7k. i usually cruise at 120-130, i got a few photos of 130. but then again, ive got a diff 4 cyl 2.0esi (F20B5)

·
Registered
126 Posts
4DoorVTEC said:
yea, what mods does ur car have? and what do we govern at? isn't it 125?
all i have is AEM SRI, spark plugs, and spark plug wires, and a few other miscellaneous, so nothing special, no supspension or anything. it took a lil bit to get there, but i don't think i was above 5000 rpm's when and i went to about 123-124 i think. just a simple 99 lx sedan basically. i'm pretty sure the accords don't have governers or do they?

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
just a note, and from the other top speed thread(s), accord speedometers are known to read a good 5-10 mph "fast" at high speeds. So if it says 130 mph, you could only be doing 120 mph. This has been GPS verified before.

According to cartest2000 software, the true top speed of 6th gen 4-cyls under controlled conditions (flat ground, normal rolling resistance, no wind, normal temp/humidity, etc) is about 115 mph for an automatic, and 124 mph for a manual (more power at the wheels, better gearing). YMMV depending on mods, and your specific road and weather conditions. You can't go by what the speedo says for an accurate top speed though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hammer03 said:
well since we're doing this again, i'll contribute hahah
you must have a 5-speed or 6-speed swap, or jus serious mods.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pimpin_turk said:
ive hit 140, took about half an hour to get there tho lol, was kinda scary cuz the needle actauly went into the red and was at around 7k. i usually cruise at 120-130, i got a few photos of 130. but then again, ive got a diff 4 cyl 2.0esi (F20B5)

well thats cuz u have an F20B5 and they rev higher and have more power

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hammer03 said:
99 accord coupe v6 automatic with an intake. i think i might have had my coilovers and swaybars at that point too, maybe.
you are automatic and u hit 140??????? i know that the accord have a governing thing on them, maybe is excludes v6's? :confused:

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
4DoorVTEC said:
you are automatic and u hit 140??????? i know that the accord have a governing thing on them, maybe is excludes v6's? :confused:
SteVTEC said:
just a note, and from the other top speed thread(s), accord speedometers are known to read a good 5-10 mph "fast" at high speeds. So if it says 130 mph, you could only be doing 120 mph. This has been GPS verified before.
:up2:

BTW, 6th gen V6's don't have governors. :D

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
ive hit 130 in my 4cyl 5 spd. but that was on 17s it was prob really around 120, taking off for the speedo's inaccuracy with the rims, and adding its regular inaccuracy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts