Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Somewhere around 30 lb-ft , I think. Tight but just loose enough to allow everything to move. If you hear clunking after installing the bar, tighten some more.

Even if you had the exact specs for the end links, good luck torquing it exactly while holding the allen wrench on the other side if you don't have a small click style torque wrench. I, on the other hand, have the good ol ghetto needle kind :)

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh well =P we used our arms to figure out what the torque specs were. Haha, thanks for helpin me out dave.

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sandwiches said:
Somewhere around 30 lb-ft , I think. Tight but just loose enough to allow everything to move. If you hear clunking after installing the bar, tighten some more.

Even if you had the exact specs for the end links, good luck torquing it exactly while holding the allen wrench on the other side if you don't have a small click style torque wrench. I, on the other hand, have the good ol ghetto needle kind :)
oooh, i have the clicking one =) it's sweeeet.

thanks for the advice kevin. i think the endlinks are actually 32 ftlbs.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Blizzard said:
oooh, i have the clicking one =) it's sweeeet.

thanks for the advice kevin. i think the endlinks are actually 32 ftlbs.

When i installed mine i put them as tight as possible. 32FT is basically like as tight as you can get it by hand. I have been driving like a mad man since 6k miles when installed and now im on 18k miles and i havent had one issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts