Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was sad to see the Honda go, been looking for a new car for awhile...Wanted something a little differnt and I think the Magnum RT was the way to go..

Plus, as it looks the wife and I are expecting our first child, so buying another coupe was out of the question...

The wife had no problem purchasing the Magnum...

Man, the torque feels awesome at 390 lb-ft....

Thought I would of got a better trade in wth my Accord- only got 16,500...only had 22,000 miles (2003 model)...

I will still be stciking around, hey I still have a Mountainer with a 4.0 6-cylinder..

·
Registered
148 Posts
very nice my buddy got one of those, his isnt hemi tho , he count spring for the good stuff, and u shud always sell ur car privately u will get more $$, congrats on the sweet ride

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dice said:
and u shud always sell ur car privately u will get more $$, congrats on the sweet ride

dice, thanks bro...

yeah, I know thought about selling it privately- didn't want the headaches in dealing with peeps not knowing how to drive a manual and that crap..so I bit the bullet..

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
i like the dog.

oh and the hemi. maybe the first word you should teach your kid is hemi. :D

·
Out of my Mind, Somewhere
2,500 Posts
NICE ROTT.......

We almost got one of those.......they guy was willing to throw in a truck at like 17G a big RAM 1500 or something like that......but we didn't do it.

·
WISCONSIN IS GREAT!
153 Posts
THOSE much faster than the accords?

·
Registered
148 Posts
day_walker said:
dice, thanks bro...

yeah, I know thought about selling it privately- didn't want the headaches in dealing with peeps not knowing how to drive a manual and that crap..so I bit the bullet..
Im looking to get a 7th gen hell i would prolly bought it for that awesome price, but yea i know what u mean with dealing with headaches of selling a car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
guys...thanks so much for the kind words...

yeah, i am thinkin of doing some mods...gonna do the passenger, and driver side windows tinted to match the other windows...next either, a Flowmaster or magnaflow exhaust, then some new rims, thinking 21's in the back 20's in the front with a 4 spoke design...

its rides so nice, definitly feels alot more quicker and powerful then the Accord, the power is always there, plus the rumble of the 8 is what i really wanted..

I like the hearse comment, really I do.. :D

I always loved the look of the Chevy Nomad, and the Magnum looks very similar to that style..

thanks brolys

peace

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome to the V8 club! The Magnum is a very nice whip. A shame you got only $16,500 for your Accord. I got $19k for my 03 with 39,000 miles on it.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
you should of gotten 19k for your car minimum

you only had 22k miles.

I would of beeen pissed if they offered me that. They made money on your trade and selling you the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2fast4u99 said:
you should of gotten 19k for your car minimum

you only had 22k miles.

I would of beeen pissed if they offered me that. They made money on your trade and selling you the car.

2fast i was very pissed to say the least..

However, I just ran the KBB.com numbers this morning, here is what KBB is saying my trade-in was worth: $17,050

I am sure the Honda was gone guick, real quick it was a great car..

However, after driving my new ride for about 10 days now, I do not think back...new exhaust is coming in about a month: check this out:

http://foohbar.com/ul/MOV00084.MPG

LATER BROS

·
Registered
292 Posts
I got very lucky then when I traded my 03' AV6 (auto) with 22k miles on a GTO --- they gave me 18k for the Accord.

Gotta love torque though and that will make up for the lower than usual trade in price.

best,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts